Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Fishon123

RVF Newbee
Does anyone have experience with the thin and flexible solar panels that are available? I have a 180 watt panel from the factory on my Rockwood Mini Light and want to add more and I’m looking for suggestions.

The last time I looked at those they were about four times the cost of conventional panels so I abandoned the idea. You’d be better off looking at residential (higher voltage) panels if you want to increase your power production.

I agree. When I looked them they were not cheap, were less efficient and had shorter warranties. Unless you HAVE to get flexible panels l, I wound stick with regular fixed panels…

I upgraded my RV with thin and flexible thin film solar panels, specifically from Bougerv, and I'm pleased with the results. The flexibility makes them easy to install, and they work well alongside my factory panel. Before adding more, ensure the compatibility and available space on your Rockwood Mini Light. It's a solid way to boost your solar capacity.

So expense is only one aspect of the flexible panels!

Unless they have improved considerably they don't have my vote!

Why you ask? Because people know I try to fix things, so donate to my efforts to lower toxic landfill fill!

I have had many flexible panels find their way to my camp. I had no luck with repair of them, so quit accepting them!!! For the record, Noone has brought a house panel over to see if I could do anything with it!!!

Latest resources

Back