• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Some campgrounds disallow use of onboard washer

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Our Splendide washer uses about 20 gallons per load. Sometimes less depending on cycle chosen. We've washed bed sheets and pillow cases with room to spare. Certainly washes more than a change of clothes.

We're very happy to have the washer and drier. The bottle neck is the drier as it is 110V and therefore takes longer to dry a load but works out great. We plan wash days when we plan to chill out at camp for the day. Really nice not have to go to a laundromat.

With full hook ups, I keep the tank valves closed. When grey approaches full, I dump it. I always keep enough grey to flush the black discharge before we leave to the next destination. Not sure how a campground would know the difference.

I didn't know that until Moose River Campground - due to septic tank limitations, even with full hookups.

How common is it that use of onboard washer is prohibited? If fairly common, this could put a damper on the onboard washer option.
I've been full timing for 6 years now and have never come across this issue.

Seven years full timing I've only seen this one time at Mystic KOA. Still ran the washer since I paid for a FHU site.
We stayed here years ago and read the same rule. We thought “well that’s dumb” and used the washer anyway. Some rules are just made to be broken.

4 yrs of full timing here w/o running into that situation

Latest resources

Back