Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

gfmucci

RVF Regular
I didn't know that until Moose River Campground - due to septic tank limitations, even with full hookups.

How common is it that use of onboard washer is prohibited? If fairly common, this could put a damper on the onboard washer option.

Why would a washer affect their sewage system? A load of wash uses less water than a shower.

Campgrounds seem to be finding new ways to scare away business. No cassette toilets, no electric vehicles, no onboard laundry, no propane fire pits.

Facebook has a tendency to spread the word fast on campgrounds with stupid rules.

Never seen a restriction like this.

Seven years full timing I've only seen this one time at Mystic KOA. Still ran the washer since I paid for a FHU site.

Campgrounds are capable of being more arbitrarily restrictive than the most dictatorial HOA! This same place said if any dog aggravated or engaged their cat they would be evicted immediately. Otherwise it was a very nice campground.🥴

Campgrounds are capable of being more arbitrarily restrictive than the most dictatorial HOA! This same place said if any dog aggravated or engaged their cat they would be evicted immediately. Otherwise it was a very nice campground.🥴
Would it be considered "engaging" if the cat never knew what ate it? Keeping a cat around taunting (whether intended or not) dogs of any paying customers certainly sounds like a good way to reduce the number of paying customers. I don't have a dog, but I get the whole dog thing, folks are crazy about them, my SIL is a vet, she very much appreciates that fact. I won't have a pet that I can't eat and that rules out many in this country (depending on where you like to get your chinese food from).

Weird restriction. Not like anyone is toting around a double capacity Speed Queen washer. Or I wouldn't think they are. Maybe in a custom high end rock star coach like I never see in lowly "campgrounds". Our coach was built with the option for a washer and dryer. Wife and I were intrigued. When we found out what we could use couldn't do much more than a change of clothes at a time we lost interest. I can't imagine any such machine using more water than I do when taking a shower that gets ALL the hot out of the water heater. I guess it's possible but it still sounds like a fairly silly rule.

Latest resources

Back