2cmprs

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Grand Design
RV Model
Transcend Explor 221RB
RV Length
Bought my first trailer with a slide out.
Developed a squeak within the first year where we walk just over the axle and in front of the slide out area.
Underside is encased in insulation and road protection.
Any suggestions as to how to find and fix this problem?

Does it seem like a subfloor squeaking issue, like the plywood maybe against the crossmembers, or is it more of a suspension squeak? If it is in the subfloor I don't know what you can do. We have one of those in a spot in our front bedroom. If it is a suspension issue maybe lubrication or greasing could take care of it.

Does it seem like a subfloor squeaking issue, like the plywood maybe against the crossmembers, or is it more of a suspension squeak? If it is in the subfloor I don't know what you can do. We have one of those in a spot in our front bedroom. If it is a suspension issue maybe lubrication or greasing could take care of it.
Sounds metal to metal

I would make sure everything is lubricated and greased on my axles and suspension. If you have a leveling system make sure all the mounting bolts are torqued and your fluid level is where it is suppose to be. I don't see how a slide out could cause a squeak when it is deployed but there is a spray available for that depending on what type of system it is.

Latest resources

Back