Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
We find that more and more we are stopping at State Parks with RV camping facilities. Even some local County and City Parks with Camping. Facilities are typically up to date and clean. If you camp around holidays it can be tough to get a good spot but I am a planner so we normally do not have an issue. Do others find that this type of camping fits their style?

BTW we are at the Crooked River State park in Georgia currently. A wonderful spot on the river.

Joe

We make use of as many Texas state parks as we can - it's a great system. We have also sampled state parks in Colorado, Louisiana and Mississippi with great success.

We spend the majority of our time in state, county and local parks.

I've had a bit of an issue getting my 40 footer into State Parks. It can be done but it ain't EZ. :rolleyes:

It is ez-er out east and in the south.

COE campgrounds are at the top of our list. Then comes state parks. KOA is usually my last choice. Just left Gifford Pinchot State Park near Harrisburg PA.

We've stayed in a few state parks in Georgia (Little Tallapoosa in Carolltown GA close to Atlanta which was lovely) and several in Oregon. We also like the COE campground and will be heading to our favorite, Ives Run in Tioga, PA, this weekend. We check to be sure we have enough room to get our coach around the sites before staying. Usually checking the reviews in the RV Park Reviews website clues us into any problems other people have had with a campground.

We've stayed in a few state parks in Georgia (Little Tallapoosa in Carolltown GA close to Atlanta which was lovely) and several in Oregon. We also like the COE campground and will be heading to our favorite, Ives Run in Tioga, PA, this weekend. We check to be sure we have enough room to get our coach around the sites before staying. Usually checking the reviews in the RV Park Reviews website clues us into any problems other people have had with a campground.
We stayed at Ives Run for the first time a few weeks ago. I must say, its the best COE campground that I've been to yet! Its very well maintained. Lots of open areas, yet there are still lots of trees. Sites are level and spacious. We plan on staying at a site next to the water in the Pines area next time.

We stayed at Ives Run for the first time a few weeks ago. I must say, its the best COE campground that I've been to yet! Its very well maintained. Lots of open areas, yet there are still lots of trees. Sites are level and spacious. We plan on staying at a site next to the water in the Pines area next time.
One thing I forgot to mention about Ives Run is how dog friendly it is. The places you have to walk your dogs are wonderful. I think our dogs enjoy their time there as much as we do.

Latest resources

Back