Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Vicki

RVF Newbee
We are looking into getting our first RV next year and so I am doing my research! We want to take advantage of camping in the state and national parks but I am confused regarding RV lengths allowed. I've seen some sites listed as a combined length for example of 40 feet. We will be purchasing a 5th wheel so does that mean we can't be longer than 40 feet for the 5th wheel and truck? We are deciding between a 34' or 38' 5th wheel so it sounds like we will be out of luck either way if we need to include the truck length? Thanks for any clarification you can offer!

Welcome to the RVForums, good place to learn. Length restriction would be for the 5th not including the truck. Yes, length restrictions can vary from park to park and sites within the park.

Welcome to RVF, @Vicki; glad to have you here with us. You received good info from @NWIP; length rules vary by park, but 40' is about the maximum trailer length in Federal and State parks. My suggestion is to keep your trailer length to 35' or less if you can. It will give you access to more sites as the long ones are frequently in short supply and seem to get taken first. Some years back, we pulled a 34' Montana 5th wheel and visited lots of parks with few problems.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back