State Parks vs private

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
that's why we carry chunks of 2x12
Supposedly, the front wheels can safely be off the ground...but all that weight, and the distribution, stress on the slides, frame, roof...we feel better with a bit of support under the wheels. 😆

+1

In addition to under the tires, we use the 2x12 also under the jacks

I’ve since aquired a nice stash of blocks. I found about 7’ of pt 4x4 in a county CG at Walker Lake, NV (guess someone decided not to use it for firewood) so I threw it in the jeep. Then in Pahrump NV at Prefered RV Resort (doesnt take much to be preferred in Pahrump but it was nice enough none the less) I found they had a woodshop open to the guests (first time I’ve seen this and loved it, but the liability…). So I cut it up into 7 14” blocks and have used them once in about 10,000 miles since but I carry them anyway along with some 14” 2x6 I cut out of old form boards. I can make cribbing as needed now but I’ll still try to avoid the situation. I guess the key is to extend the jacks as little as possible to avoid any undue stress from unexpected angular loads.

.......the key is to extend the jacks as little as possible to avoid any undue stress from unexpected angular loads.
True that! We'll be keeping that in mind in the future, also.

Latest resources

Back