Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

OLDCOBIA

RVF Newbee
New owner to used Tiffin MH and in process of installing a steering stabilizer with spring assist. I am looking at the Roadmaster units and Safe-t-plus units. Any feedback on these units will be appreciated

I haven't road tested mine yet, but based on reviews I could find I decided to go with the Roadmaster. It only took about 30 min to install on my rig. It is actually a double action spring that is suppose to help with centering the wheel after making a turn like your use to in a car. Will see...... Before installed I took my rig down and did a tire truing, balancing, and complete front end alignment not just toe in. Made a big difference with the the balancing and alignment. Icing on the cake with the Roadmaster I hope.

We installed a Saf-T-Plus unit. We feel that it is very effective in reducing wander as well as helping, in the event of a blow out, to manage a steer axle tire blowout. The Safe-T-Plus shock absorber (for lack of a better term) buffers and helps mitigate that sharp steering moment when a steer axle tire rapidly deflates at speed. (y)(y)

Last edited:
This is my second coach with "Saf-T-Plus" installed, & I think it is an outstanding unit! It sure helps with auto-centering, reduces the pressure from any side-sway, & certainly helps maintain a straight direction, & thus helping to eliminate "oversteer" corrections! It is supposed to help in maintaining control; in the event of a front tire blowout, but thankfully, I cannot speak to that experience!
Good Luck, & enjoy your travels!

Latest resources

Back