Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
The other day we attempted to open the main door to the DutchStar, stuck fast. After many attempts to insure it was indeed unlocked, the "brute force" method was successful. This has been an issue in the past with the Concierge of the storage facility complaining of this door being hard to open.
Applied some Lock Ease lube and 303 on the weather stripping.
Will make a comment when we are at the Annual Inspection and Maintenance at Newmar in Oct.

Thoughts? Are these doors problematic?

The other day we attempted to open the main door to the DutchStar, stuck fast. After many attempts to insure it was indeed unlocked, the "brute force" method was successful. This has been an issue in the past with the Concierge of the storage facility complaining of this door being hard to open.
Applied some Lock Ease lube and 303 on the weather stripping.
Will make a comment when we are at the Annual Inspection and Maintenance at Newmar in Oct.

Thoughts? Are these doors problematic?
The door mechanism maybe out of alignment. I found mine loose “screws backing out” and the mechanism would move around. I tightened it up, then the door started to stick. I loosed it up again, adjusted and now it’s fine. There is an adjustment on the jam too.

Yes. Watch the screws on the door edge (latch side). Mine backed out on a holiday weekend. Fortunately, I had opened the drivers window to talk to someone as I pulled in the campground. I could not open it from the outside at all. Once I retifghtened them all was fine. They lossed again later, as I checked regularly. I finally added locktite. No problems since, but I keepa constant eye on these.

I've heard two theories, I've had this problem too. 1) The mechanism on the top of the door, the arm, is catching, or 2) The screen door is catching, which I believe I've had happen, I know others have as well.

The only issue I have had with mine is the screen door latch failing to unlatch which means you can open the door about an inch before all stop. If that’s your case @Joe Hogan, you’ll need to adjust the latch on the screen door.

I've heard two theories, I've had this problem too. 1) The mechanism on the top of the door, the arm, is catching, or 2) The screen door is catching, which I believe I've had happen, I know others have as well.
My screen door catches also, its on my todo list as soon as the humidity lets up, brutal today

I have also seen the door stay, at the top get bent causing a bind. Need to get up on a ladder and look for clearance and that it’s not bend and binding

The only issue I have had with mine is the screen door latch failing to unlatch which means you can open the door about an inch before all stop. If that’s your case @Joe Hogan, you’ll need to adjust the latch on the screen door.
I find the screw holding the screen door latch also loosens with time an the mechanism moves. Gotta watch all of these screws.

Latest resources

Back