Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
We have been full timers for about 9 months. So far if we were stopping just for one night we still paid for a park. Mostly because we are not comfortable with not having full hookups.
We would like to try staying at a Walmart, Cracker Barrel or even a safe looking truck stop. I feel fairly comfortable about just parking for sleeping and leaving the 5th wheel hooked to the truck but not sure if I stay plugged into the truck or not.
I know to not open the slide outs. What about any other steps I’m not thinking about.

We have been full timers for about 9 months. So far if we were stopping just for one night we still paid for a park. Mostly because we are not comfortable with not having full hookups.
We would like to try staying at a Walmart, Cracker Barrel or even a safe looking truck stop. I feel fairly comfortable about just parking for sleeping and leaving the 5th wheel hooked to the truck but not sure if I stay plugged into the truck or not.
I know to not open the slide outs. What about any other steps I’m not thinking about.
I think they ask to not put jacks down and no cooking out...other than that, we hear it's a great option when you're just resting overnight. Don't forget Bass Pro Shops too; they're very welcoming if you observe their requests. I hadn't heard about not putting out slides...that'd be tough trying to get into bed without opening them. And it's probably always good to call ahead or verify somehow what their requests are.

Latest resources

Back