Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
We received a "stimulous check" from the government today. It showed up as a direct deposit to our bank account; labeled as "tax refund."

With so many out of work due to the coronavirus pandemic, there are lots of folks who will need a lot more than a single stimulus check to keep them afloat until the economic situation improves. If your financial situation permits, let me suggest joining with us in donating all or part of the amount you receive as a stimulus payment to a local charity that helps people through tough times. Choose whatever charity you feel most comfortable with.

I want to keep this completely out of the political arena, so...please...let's not go there. We're all in this together!

TJ

You and Ladi Di are good people! But I already knew that :) Very nice of you @TJ&LadyDi

It's not about us, @Neal. No credit due here. There are millions of people out there without a paycheck through no fault of their own, They need our help. We can all stimulate the economy by helping stock food banks or funding community support organizations that will help those folks through this crisis.

TJ

I have been giving to our local food bank. The money is going to the right people. Our food bank is well run, don't know about yours.

Our local food bank was getting low. I went to Aldi and bought a cart full of canned vegetables by the case. My next trip will be to Sam's or Costco for their canned chicken.

Gave it to my folks

According to the guidelines, I "qualify", although I haven't seen anything in my account yet. But that being said, my relationship with the IRS has always been one of me giving to them, not the other way around. :)

Still holding out hope though...

According to the guidelines, I "qualify", although I haven't seen anything in my account yet. But that being said, my relationship with the IRS has always been one of me giving to them, not the other way around. :)

Still holding out hope though...
If you don't have direct deposit bank info on file from your 2018 or 2019 income tax return, you will get a paper check in the mail. Apparently, the checks will take a little longer to arrive. The government ALWAYS picks the low-hanging fruit first. ;)

TJ

FYI: Also, if drawing "Social Security" & it is a Direct Deposit, the "Stimulus Check" will also be done as direct deposit to the same account! Yep! Some of us "ol codgers" are getting SS!;)

I’m sending mine back to the government as part of what I owe for ‘19 taxes.

Latest resources

Back