• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Stock Market vs. Pandemic

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The market is definitely not doing what I initially thought after the big plunge that took 150k out of my portfolio. My gut feeling was that the market was going to take anything not protected. But the market has given back 2/3 of the initial take, so maybe that was the adjustment talked about. You hear that it was because of this or that and I always wonder how the talking heads could even know this. Seems that algorythms are doing the trading anymore. Anyway, I watch the market every day and it's been pretty flat for the most part when you avg it out.

Neal,

This market is running on EMOTIONS and anticipation, and has been ever since the Panic of the pandemic. Despite being raised by a Stock Broker for his 45 years, I'm not an "expert" in the market. What I AM and expert in, is "people and panic". I called it at the end of January and was scared outta my pants. All my "expert" friends and advisors "advised" me to "tie myself to the mast". I argued that I feel a "Doom & Gloom" Panic coming on, and feared I'd be looking back WISHING I had gotten out at 5% down!!! I didn't, and yup...I wish I hadn't listened to the "experts" THIS TIME. To see our portfolio take a 25% hit was more than painful, it literally caused me to wear my a$$-kicking machine out!

Now, all the experts are saying..."who knew this would happen?" Sure, looking back, it's easy to say we needed a correction, and THIS was enough to cause it. But, honestly, this was more than a "simple" market correction (which is healthy).

As emotions are calming down, the standard indicators, such as Earnings Reports and Unemployment, are starting to carry more weight. But, you still have a LOT of impulsive stocks that are going NUTS for little to no reason; like Peleton, Zoom, etc.

The WORST prediction I've heard, came from Davis, the CEO of NIRV...yikes, do I hope he's wrong! What he did say about the RV industry, I agree with. I, too, feel it's going to have a resurgence due to SO many people taking to an RV as a safer form of traveling. However, we gotta remember one big factor, a lot of these people may have lost the equivalent to a nice RV and may have to wait for a couple years for a recovery to bring that money back.

My 2 cents worth...oh, wait...it's now worth only 1.75 cents. ?

Hey Neal,

I’m not a fan of VOX, but ironically, they just posted a very interesting article on this very topic! It’s actually a good read, and not “too heady”, which most of these investment articles tend to be; at least, for me.

I think you, and others will enjoy it...

The economy is in free fall. So why isn’t the stock market?

Latest resources

Back