• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Franji

RVF Newbee
Need Help!!!
2022 Coachmen Pursuit 27XPS storage compartment issues. We have had condensation build up int 2 of our storage compartments one right behind the drivers side tire which is small and the other is the very large compartment on the passengers side where we store our blackstone and Weber grill as well as our chairs and patio rug. The drivers compartment since purchase has never been able to be used due to a build up of condensation/moisture which leaves everything wet. Now the same has happened to the large cabinet. We didn’t notice it the first year, but this year mold completely ruined everything in the cabinet to the tune of $800.00 or so. The carpet is saturated and the screws and locking mechanisms are rusted.

Coachmen can’t help with a solution. They don’t know what the problem is and haven’t heard this complaint before. After completing cleaning the compartment and ridding it of mold, we purchased new products and just noticed the problem is now starting again.

Someone please help!!

Coachmen doesn’t see the issue

Need Help!!!
2022 Coachmen Pursuit 27XPS storage compartment issues. We have had condensation build up int 2 of our storage compartments one right behind the drivers side tire which is small and the other is the very large compartment on the passengers side where we store our blackstone and Weber grill as well as our chairs and patio rug. The drivers compartment since purchase has never been able to be used due to a build up of condensation/moisture which leaves everything wet. Now the same has happened to the large cabinet. We didn’t notice it the first year, but this year mold completely ruined everything in the cabinet to the tune of $800.00 or so. The carpet is saturated and the screws and locking mechanisms are rusted.

Coachmen can’t help with a solution. They don’t know what the problem is and haven’t heard this complaint before. After completing cleaning the compartment and ridding it of mildew/mold, we purchased new products and just noticed the problem is now starting again.

Someone please help!!

Coachmen doesn’t see the issue

Start with Scott, I’m not sure if you purchased new when you bought. Do you have an extended warranty, factory warranty will be up. They should be able to get you in to the service shop. I’m not sure if they do third party warranty work in the shop.
What area do you live, how is the rig stored, under cover in the sun. Possibly a leak around the seal of the compartment door.
Coachman helped us in 2022 but is was not easy to be heard. I finally went to my contacts boss. Pissed him off but I got there and they did work on our MH, warranty work. Good luck

I live in the Northeast. Not undercover, so open to weather. The service manager I spoke with advised to check the seals but the seals are all intact. How was your issue resolved?

We had several, we bought a COVID coach and one of the last off the line. I wish I had them look at another problem. The leveler on the left rear is set too far back and hits the ground at times. I plan to move it at some point.

It sounds like water it getting in. We had a problem with one of our compartments. Seals looked good the problem was the frame around the door was coming lose. It was hard to find, opening at one point the frame moved. We added silicone behind the frame and it was fine after. Well the shop did, repaired under warranty.

Water is getting in some where. Sounds to me. I hate it.

Latest resources

Back