Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

calcheney

RVF Newbee
First time owner of a 2021 Thor class B+ with Ford 10-speed Engine. Just got out of storage after 6 months and it barely runs. Shall I assume it's bad gas? If so, it's 3/4 full. What should I do, let it run, or try to get it drained some where? Thanks!

Stabilizer should have been used. There may be an octane loss, fouled plugs or carb. You could even have water settled in the tank or carb bowl.

I’d put a high quality additive and octane booster in the tank first. Give it a good chance to run and heat up. You should be able to restore the degradation depending on the type and quality of the gas.

In addition to the above, fill up with high octane. Run it all through down to a quarter of a tank. It'll be fine 😉

I'd bet you have some condensation from sitting all Winter. Hot/Cold days will do that. Put some Sea Foam in your gas tank. The guys on the motorcycle forums have this problem too from letting their bikes sit during the winter. They swear by Sea Foam. It will help get rid of the condensation and will clean your carburetor out too. I would highly recommend putting the Sea Foam or Stabil in your tank BEFORE you park it for the Winter in the future. Good luck!

As it turns out, it was rabbits chewing up the wiring. The new harness of wiring set me back $1,700! As Elmer Fudd would say..."DAMN RABBITS."

As it turns out, it was rabbits chewing up the wiring. The new harness of wiring set me back $1,700! As Elmer Fudd would say..."DAMN RABBITS."
I think Elmer said "Damn Wabbits!" :ROFLMAO: Sorry to hear about the wiring harness. Yikes!

$1700 for a harness! Not surprised. I had rodent damage to the fuel injection harness on my Edge after it sat for a couple months. I was able to repair the harness but they didn't leave me much to work with. As Jinx said, “I hate meeces to pieces!” I leave a little tray of Decon under the hood for them now.

Also a firm believer in Sea Foam. Especially good for 2 cycle equipment that sat too long with fuel in it.

Latest resources

Back