Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Storing a motorhome - on jacks or not?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Long Term Storage on Jacks?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
When stored in my enclosed house garage the tires are on rubber mats and I extend the jacks with the motorhome at ride height. EVERY month I exercise all systems, slides, jacks, AC, Oasis, generator, microwave, vent fans and the fridge and inverter are alway on. Before moving the jacks I start the engine air up on high idle then wipe the jacks down with WD40 as I do when camping before retracting. When the jacks and slides are retracted at home I leave them for a month then start the process again. I also have a dehumidifier running constantly. Just my thing as it may never matter but it's what I do.

When stored in my enclosed house garage the tires are on rubber mats and I extend the jacks with the motorhome at ride height. EVERY month I exercise all systems, slides, jacks, AC, Oasis, generator, microwave, vent fans and the fridge and inverter are alway on. Before moving the jacks I start the engine air up on high idle then wipe the jacks down with WD40 as I do when camping before retracting. When the jacks and slides are retracted at home I leave them for a month then start the process again. I also have a dehumidifier running constantly. Just my thing as it may never matter but it's what I do.

WOW!

Hi J&JD, I have a question on excersing everything every month. We live in Alberta and during the winter months this could be hard to do, I know you should run your gen every month, with it at least half load. My question is, what do I use for a load, it will probably be too cold to run the heat pumps, any suggestions. New to this class A business and could use some advice.

If you have an Oasis, turn on the electric elements. Also plug in a couple of space heaters, that should do the trick. We have heated floors and an electric fireplace that give us a good load.

If you have an Oasis, turn on the electric elements. Also plug in a couple of space heaters, that should do the trick. We have heated floors and an electric fireplace that give us a good load.
Thanks, never thought of the space heaters, duhh. The fireplace also, that should be enough load. Thanks

Latest resources

Back