Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

riden2low

RVF Regular
New to the site here. But having a problem with my furnace. The travel trailer is a Forest River Vibe. 2017 model. We turn on the furnace and sometimes it will fire up but other times no. I did a search on line and YouTube and it gave me pointers what to check. One of the things it would do it act as tho it was going to cycle to start and would stop all together. No fan blowing or nothing. So to make a story short I pulled the unit out. Went through everything using a multimeter. Every thing checked out. I hooked up a battery and watched it cycle through 4 different times.. Never did shut down. Getting spark. Propane solenoids were opening. Forced air thru the propane tube and air was coming out of the burner nozzle. So I'm going to reinstall the unit and hook it back up, the question I am asking I guess is if the blower shuts down after trying to start am I looking at the thermostat on the wall ? Or maybe a short somewhere?

Welcome to RVForums @riden2low. I'm not familiar with the propane furnaces but hopefully someone else here can help you out. Just wanted to welcome you to the site.

Well got the furnace back in the trailer and its working now. Dont know what I did other than put it on the bench and checked wires and the usual maintenance. Blew all of the lines out, cleaned off the igniter made sure it was 1/8 inch above burner. Ran it with a extra battery. Ran just like it was suppose to. Being only a couple of years old, it looked almost brand new. So nothing other than dust on it. Put the furnace in, checked for leaks then hit the thermostat and Wal La, it came on perfect. Just odd but the little lady is happy.

Welcome to the forum @riden2low. I know a little frustrating when you can’t put your finger on what the problem was but glad it is working now, hopefully for a longtime

Latest resources

Back