RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4081
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
Recently we sold our 2017 DS 4018 and ordered a new 2020 DS 4081. Many of our friends have asked us why we would sell a relatively new coach just to buy another of the same type. To address this question, I compiled a list of, initially, about 50 items that were new or improved on the 2020 DS 4081. Some of these were improvements that were standard, some were options that we did not have on our 2017 coach and some were specials, which we clearly did not have since we bought the 2017 off the dealer's lot.

So over the past couple of weeks, I've posted twelve differences. This was getting a bit old, so I thought I would just go ahead and post the complete list which has grown to include sixty-seven items.

Should anybody have any specific questions about any of these "differences", please advise. Note that the first twelve items on the list are those things I have already documented in previous posts.

Attachments

• Differences Dutch Star 1 vs 2.pdf
    72.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Differences 1.jpg
    Differences 1.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 79
  • Differences 2.jpg
    Differences 2.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 76
So much good stuff listed here. That said, we are supremely happy with our 2017 DS4018. Think we are going to carry on as is. Best of luck with your new coach.

I see a lot of similarities in our specials, even though it’s a different model...we specialed the same King Aire floor, no glass in the bedroom doors (or the china cabinet; we use it for extra pantry space), the equidistant overhead cabinets in the living room and bedroom, and the extra 12V for a dash cam.

Great minds think alike!

I see a lot of similarities in our specials, even though it’s a different model...we specialed the same King Aire floor, no glass in the bedroom doors (or the china cabinet; we use it for extra pantry space), the equidistant overhead cabinets in the living room and bedroom, and the extra 12V for a dash cam.

Great minds think alike!

Yep, that wood-look tile seems to be very popular.

I trust your FPU went well.

We had some issues with our Delivery. NIRVC did a great job, but the coach had to make two stops at Cummins before delivery and the windshield had to be replaced. We’re just glad our dealer caught all the issues so we didn’t have to deal with them ourselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FPU went very well...a really short punch list. Only two sort of major items. One of the baggage doors needed adjustment to close without a slam, and we had a special to vent the GE Advantium oven to the outside; the vent rattled...ALOT. But I don’t know how they would have caught that unless they stayed in the coach outside in the wind. Both were fixed.

I had an appointment on March 9 at NIRVC to install the RettroBands, and to fix whatever issues would have shaken loose on the way back home. The Xcite radio worked great for the first 2 days, then would start rebooting...continuously. And one of the internal Valor tire sensors is reporting erroneous data (136 lbs/401 degrees). I’m aware there is a known issue with some of the tire sensors, and my tech confirmed it, but there is not a fix yet. He thought that a software update would fix the rebooting...I thought not...and I was correct; currently waiting for a new head unit to arrive from Newmar. It should be in tomorrow. Not worried about the time in the shop; both trips I had planned have been canceled.

Great detail, thanks for sharing @deaton. I got to see @NWIP's new DSDP and it was gorgeous as well. Newmar has done some great work on improvements which is nice. Like @J&JD I'm loving my 2017 coach, can't say I loved it the first year but making it mine and the tons of work during shakedown and learning paid off. It really takes time for these things to settle in. I hope you found one you will stick with if you so choose, I know many like to rotate at 4-5 years.

Latest resources

Back