Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Finishr1

RVF Newbee
Hello all, just chiming in about the 16bh. I had a 2019 which got stolen yes who would think so chain them up not just a hitch lock it just takes a hammer to take them off. I purchased a 2023 16bh at to tell you the truth I love them. I can take it to a local park and back it in a car stall and unhook park beside it to long camp outs. Most people I see have what we call in Texas bigger is better but I figured I was camping so I’m not setting in my camper watching tv all day do why spend the money. This little rig has been perfect. One thing is I put a distributing hitch with sway control. I pull it with a f150 but it’s so light I feel it pulls around more than a larger rv. The hitch settled it all out but I truthfully only hall at 60 mph give or take and getting 12 mpg. I guess it’s all depends on what you like. My dealer knew nothing about these trailers however, I reached out via email to sunset and they have responded to all my questions very fast and have been helpful. I do believe all trailers need to be tinkered with from time to time I carry a tool box for that reason. But the 2 little trailer knock on wood have not given me many issues.

Hello,
We got ours in Jan. 2023 and have 2000+ miles traveled so far. Sorry to read about your 2019 being stolen. I guess I better think about a better lock.

For those thinking about the 16bh, we have a Classic (not off road) with the Comfort and Elite packages. We tow it with a RAM 1500 and use an Equalizer sway control with a Tekonsha wireless brake controller. We seldom have ever gone over 65mph max., and less speed always makes me more comfortable. I'll second the gas mileage statement. The 16bh is fairly tall at 10' and not very streamlined.

Issues we ran into are: Back awning bent when closed with the door open. Rear stablilizer bolts interfered with the stinky slinky, so had to move them. AC was too loud for my taste, Inside lights were too bright, so, installed a 12V dimmer.
Feature we like: Bluetooth Stereo, TV antenna reception is fairly good

All in all, we love it.

People just need to realize that sometimes theft is a crime of opportunity. If it can be easily stolen, it may well be. We’ve even had locals fishing in the creek behind their own home, while someone drove up and stole their teardrop camper out of their front yard!

We picked up a hitch lock off eBay from the seller “Gilberths” and have been pleased with it. Also chose to grab a heavy duty bicycle chain lock, to wrap through the wheel and around the shackle as well.

Attachments

• IMG_2705.png
    IMG_2705.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2706.png
    IMG_2706.png
    3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2707.png
    IMG_2707.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Latest resources