• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

GkCb

RVF Newbee
New

Hello everyone, so I am new to this. Finding it very helpful.
I am wanting to purchase a 2024 Sunset rv Sunlite 16bh.
Any concerns or problems if anyone knows of.
Wondering about outdoor seams, overall towing. Etc.,
I will be towing it with a 2011 ford ranger ( has only 72.000 kms ) capable of towing up to 5000lbs, so the ford dealer says.
Looking forward to hearing any insight!
Thanks!

I can help by telling you I pull a 17 foot bh with a 2007 5.7 Hemi,full size truck,just going up long hills in northern Indiana I wish I had more truck,I hope this is helpful and not criticizing your decision.
I think you would be better off with a smaller camper or a larger truck.
BTW it would help for others to know the tongue weight of the trailer and overall weight of it,remember you will also have a few extras in the camper that will add weight.

Yes, hills are a big concern here, as I live in north west BC.
The GVWR of the trailer is 3500 lbs.
But I am still undecided,
Guess, if I am this hesitant, it is telling me something!

I think you are going to be nervous pulling and stopping that much weight with a ranger pick up.
Maybe you can find a good used 3/4 van or pick up and not beat up the ranger pick up.

I think you are going to be nervous pulling and stopping that much weight with a ranger pick up.
Maybe you can find a good used 3/4 van or pick up and not beat up the ranger pick up.
Yes, this is my concern also. As there are some steep hill grades around here.
So finally cancelled the whole agreement.
Nothing was signed. Feel better already!

A suggestion, you could maybe look for a nice used pop up, you're pick up would handle most of them,look for one with AC.
Happy Camping.

A suggestion, you could maybe look for a nice used pop up, you're pick up would handle most of them,look for one with AC.
Happy Camping.
Yes, I have seen a few. They even or some come with a full kitchen!!!
Normally I just set up the back of my truck is quite comfortable with canopy, stay dry, but getting too old haha to keep crawling out of the back of my truck.

Most of us have growing pains,be careful,as you enjoy camping as you can get over your head, or budget, quickly.

Welcome to the group. That’s not enough truck.

New

Hello everyone, so I am new to this. Finding it very helpful.
I am wanting to purchase a 2024 Sunset rv Sunlite 16bh.
Any concerns or problems if anyone knows of.
Wondering about outdoor seams, overall towing. Etc.,
I will be towing it with a 2011 ford ranger ( has only 72.000 kms ) capable of towing up to 5000lbs, so the ford dealer says.
Looking forward to hearing any insight!
Thanks!
So under #4000 that's 80% you didn't tell about the engine. Yes it will do the job. The truck stops the truck,and a little more,the trailer has brakes!!! Believe it or not.

I can spend your money, but I won't!!! When you come back with the statement you just bought a one ton dually, you will get the approval to tow that much trailer, from this group.

No matter what your told, your learning curve for a first time trailer driver,you will find issues. That said, you are within design limits for your truck.

Latest resources

Back