Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rat Fink

RVF Newbee
We have a 2011 America Eagle 43 coach we’re told that a separate surge protector is not necessary due to the one that is built into the coach. Anyone know if that’s correct? Thanks for the help!!

Personally I run a second one on the pole before the coach. We have a built in EMS as well as part of the coach electrical but I’d rather stop problems at the pole before they make it into the coach.

When we did our walkthrough the tech mentioned the onboard one, pointed and said $1000 to replace, the external we picked up was $300. He asked which we’d rather replace in case of an issue.

Ditto what Dennis said, and I cary a cheap spare that I plug into test the park pedestal before I plug in the primary one inline with the coaches onboard one. Yes I am paranoid.

You could put a hundred in line if you wanted to. They are simply what is called an MOV. They sit there inactive forever if you don't have a spike, but in the event of a spike "may" save your electronics.

No guarantee that the in-house arrestor will not be destroyed, for that matter any of your equipment, but it is added insurance, so worth the investment.

Latest resources

Back