Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Andeecat

RVF Regular
We just had an electrician put in a 50 amp service to keep our Class A plugged in while we are at home. We plugged the surge protector and cord in to make sure everything worked. He asked me if the connection on the surge protector was weather proof. I told him I assume so as it was made for FV use outdoors. After he left I got to thinking about it and frankly I not sure. I have never had a problem in over 30 years of using one but thought I would through it out there for you guys. If it is off the ground are they weather proof our should it be wrapped? I put a plastic bag around the connection just in case. Thanks

It would help to know what brand and model "surge suppressor" you have.

TJ

I'm not familiar with that particular unit, but did a little online research on it. Since it is obviously designed for outdoor use (plugged into an RV park pedestal), I would have to conclude that you wouldn't have to cover it. And, the user manual makes no mention of protecting it from the weather, so I think that supports the conclusion that it does not have to be covered.

Sounds to me like it is good-to-go, as-is.

TJ

Thanks for your input. As I said before I have never had a problem it was just having a electrician ask me the question got me wondering.

Latest resources

Back