RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CRV
After being a Direct TV customers for 3 years, we decided to switch to Dish. Direct TV's customer service, and in general has been going from bad to worse.
We have the Winegard Traveler HD Direct TV automatic dish antenna on the roof. I bought the 2 part kit from Winegard to convert the antenna to Dish.
My DW called Dish customer service with lots of questions on their service, conversion details etc. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! We had a very knowledgeable girl that knew her stuff, and took all the time to explain everything.
Their plans are very well tailored to the RV customers. We were extremely pleased with Dish so far .
Hoping to be ready for our departure on June 7th for Gaffney Freightliner 40K mile service, and beyond after that :)

I switched Direct to Dish while at FPU as I made a bad order choice and wanted the ability to stop/start. For 3 years dish has been great, great customer service, easy to set your locals from the app, easy to make programming changes from the app or web site. I've had to call support, all was painless and they have great tools to help. Very pleased with dish for RVing.

Also, I have an external TV and the RF remotes are great. You can add remotes too so I am able to keep a remote with the outside TV and not have to remember to grab the one from inside the coach when going out. You can easily add them in the dish box, I use wally's.

Good to know. Right now I have drawer full of remotes.
BTW, does anyone know how tall is the antenna (roof to the top of the dish) when deployed? I will try working on it while DS is in the storage, so headroom is limited.

I bought the 2 part kit from Winegard to convert the antenna to Dish.

@Buly, did you do the conversion yourself? Requires you to go up on the roof?

Sheridan, I will do the conversion myself. Waiting for the parts.
Yes, I have to go on the roof AGAIN?.

@Buly ...I did the conversion by myself (+1 to hold ladder and hand me parts). The video is excellent...had my iPad on the roof and did one step at a time following video. Took less than an hour. Thought for awhile about keeping DirecTV stuff...however, threw it in the dumpster.

Latest resources

Back