Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I learned of a discussion regarding T-Mobiles new (and time limited) 100 GB data plan and that it was a thumbs up essentially tested with the CAT 18 Pepwave. I've been struggling this stay in Tucson (near the airport where cellular is always bad) and my last stop on an airport in the boonies of south TX. As I have 2 x Pepwave MAX Transit CAT 18 routers (4 total sim slots) with 1 used in each, AT&T in one, Verizon in the other, I figured maybe I should go check out T-Mobile after lunch. I used Sprint in the past with pretty good results for speeds, coverage was the problem. T-Mobile is now merged with Sprint so coverage is improved as both can't really compete with AT&T and Verizon.

I got a good deal with what normally is I think 85'ish for the 100 GB plan my Veteran discount got me down to 55/mo for the 100 GB. I gave them my IMEI from the Pepwave I captured prior to leaving but it really isn't required. I plugged in the SIM and I'm getting 103 MB/s down! Upload is around 10. So far success but we'll see how well it works. Sometimes it's good to be on the minority network as AT&T and Verizon are good until the network is saturated with the evening streaming, etc.

If you work in your RV or have a need for good Internet, give T-Mobile's new plan a try. Apparently it's going away, but that's the way Verizon's was as well.

I got a good deal with what normally is I think 85'ish for the 100 GB plan my Veteran discount got me down to 55/mo for the 100 GB
I hate to tell you that $50mo/$100GB is the going price for that plan. Furthermore, I'd put the Inseego 5G M2000 hotspot up against anything else. The hotspot is available for 50% off the MSRP if you take the 24-month no interest financing. That results in a cost of $7/mo. I currently have two hotspots and two plans!

E5A73C56-66A4-4F31-A17F-1230559B54BC.png605DB367-A6B3-407E-B7CB-31858954A715.png

It’s performing Very well for me so far as well at home - but I haven’t traveled with it yet.

My pair of Inseego M2000 routers just switched to 5G at my home location. Of course, it's part of T-Mobile's DSS 5G so the speeds aren't all that high (yet). But it's cool to see the 5G symbol (if you're a geek and get off on that sort of thing!)

The T-Mobile 100 GB plan with autopay comes out to $50/mo. Was good timing to get this, I've been using it quite a bit.

I'm not expecting any throttling but full service up to 100 GB.

T-Mobile 100 GB plan saved the evening. AT&T and Verizon are both saturated tonight in Casa Grande, AZ (or so it seems). I switched by 2nd Pepwave from Verizon to T-Mobile and I'm getting around 25 down which is perfect. Sometimes the minority carrier is a good tool to have.

Latest resources

Back