Dutch Star
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ram
Fulltimer
Yes
We have the 2 recliners. The table between them (in the 2016 model) is 26 inches long. The 2017's and newer are approximately 36 inches long not counting the slide out portion. Being longer makes them so much more usable. Especially if you have replaced the recliners with deeper ones.
I contacted Newmar parts inquiring how much a longer table would cost. Have not received a price yet. According to the parts person, the table is not listed as a whole unit but only as pieces to make one. He said it would take some time to work up a quote. I expect it to be pricey.
I'll start looking at cabinet shops as a possible alternative. May have to buy the top from Newmar to get a match. The wood parts, for the most part, are not visible due to the larger recliner so matching is not as critical. I'll reuse the handles.
Any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks Ernie. I'll give them a call.
Another idea I read about elsewhere is to purchase the top and move the base out. Leaves a gap behind the table but it will not be that noticeable.
Love options.

We also have the recliners with small table. However, it is only 19 1/2" front to back. Ours is not attached to anything (floor or wall) so we can move it to wherever we want. Measuring the wall to back of cabinet right now is 13". In several thousand miles, it's never been an issue of moving while traveling. It simply becomes another small task on the set-up/stow-away routine.

Looking at the original post, I see that you are inquiring into a 36" depth. In my opinion, on our floorplan, that would impede on the traveling pathway when both of our living room slides are closed. Perhaps your plan is not the same, but be sure 36" will fit not only your living space but also your traveling space.

bydnar: Thirty-six inches will put the end of the table near the FWS seal. No further than the recliners which do not hinder foot travel with the slides in.
Thanks

Well depending on where you are, we had Kustom Koach Works in Eugene, OR area make a complete wall cabinet with a computer station, and it was very excellently done. You want to call Bobby at 541-501-3371. He has years of experience and built Monaco Coaches for 10 years before starting his cabinet and remodel business. He does great work.

Oh we ordered our Ventana with the recliners/cabinet setup. I have not measured the cabinet but it works fine and we heard the couch is not quite as comfortable as the two chairs. We are pleased with the way it works, have to turn the chairs around backwards to travel.

I second the recommendation of Gene at Wood Designs Napanee. They installed a pull out extension for ours and it looks amazing..We love the additional surface space.

Happy to share picture of the finished product.

Michele

e have the 2 recliners. The table between them (in the 2016 model) is 26 inches long. The 2017's and newer are approximately 36 inches long not counting the slide out portion. Being longer makes them so much more usable. Especially if you have replaced the recliners with deeper ones.
I contacted Newmar parts inquiring how much a longer table would cost. Have not received a price yet. According to the parts person, the table is not listed as a whole unit but only as pieces to make one. He said it would take some time to work up a quote. I expect it to be pricey.
I'll start looking at cabinet shops as a possible alternative. May have to buy the top from Newmar to get a match. The wood parts, for the most part, are not visible due to the larger recliner so matching is not as critical. I'll reuse the handles.
Any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks to all. I contacted WooddesignRV. According to Kevin, sales manager, the Corian color I have was discontinued 4-5 years ago. May have to go with a different color.
Haven't heard from Newmar. They may have some. Contacted them on the 25th. I'll give them another week.

My 2017 DS 4018 had that cabinet with the extending shelf. They did away with the shelf on the 18’s and 19’s. It was real handy, and with that gone, we went with the theater seats on our 2020. Same price as the recliners, but they stay in one place and add two seat belts.

Received a reply from Newmar. "The center table will take about 4 weeks to build and runs in the neighborhood of $925 to $1100"
I asked the price for the longer top only. $230.00. Since I can use the same drawers and hardware no sense paying for new ones.
Still trying to decide if I will have a local cabinet shop make a new base or just move the old base out from the wall with the new top.
As mentioned before, don't think it will be too noticeable. Especially since we replace the Euro recliners with Lazy Boys.
Thanks to all for your input and suggestions.

Latest resources

Back