Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
I had a new phone line installed at the RV park about 6 months ago. I rarely got telemarketing calls on either my home number or the park number. But I got a few every now and then. So I entered both of the numbers on the Do Not Call registry. And then suddenly, it was like I had put up a "Please Call Me" add on telemarketer central! Now I get no less than 5 and sometimes 6 or 7 calls a day. On both phones! Added up, that's a lot of unwanted calls.

I fixed the problem at home with a phone that scans the caller and makes them perform a function that proves they are human. But at the park, I'm constantly being slammed with unwanted calls. And my cell phone, well I just quit answering it. I check my messages from time-to-time, but it's been rendered all but useless for normal use.

What is everyone else doing to stem these unwanted calls?

This "Do Not Call" registry is a perfect example of how poorly our government makes laws. Think about it, someone created this idea, got it approved, found funding to develop it and purchase and maintain the equipment that is required to run it, they staffed it, insure the staff, provide them with offices, equipment, retirement, probably cars as well, etc. And for what? It doesn't work. It just sit there sucking up the tax dollars required to keep it alive.

If the government was actually run by someone with the ability to solve problems, the "Do Not Call" registry would have been developed as a "Please Call Me" registry. Now if you wanted to receive all these advertising/spam calls, you would put you number on the list. Calling anyone else would be illegal by default.

Follow me for other super simple solutions for the irritating issues that our government can't seem to solve.

Tell me how I get texts from politicians? How do they get my number? Aren't they supposed to follow laws. Yeah, I know, let's not go there. But good grief, election cycles are text nightmares.

Tell me how I get texts from politicians? How do they get my number? Aren't they supposed to follow laws. Yeah, I know, let's not go there. But good grief, election cycles are text nightmares.
That’s probably my fault, @Neal. Whenever a website sign up form asks me for my phone number or email address, I use my name but your contact details.

I want you to know that I really think you’re doing the Lord’s work and that I appreciate it.

What is everyone else doing to stem these unwanted calls?
1. Don’t answer calls from numbers you don’t know. Make them leave a message. Tell people you do this when giving out your number or make sure to get theirs and save it to your contacts. These scam calls won’t leave a message.

That’s probably my fault, @Neal. Whenever a website sign up form asks me for my phone number or email address, I use my name but your contact details.

I want you to know that I really think you’re doing the Lord’s work and that I appreciate it.
Some things are better left unsaid...payback's hell. First thing, switch toilet to hot water...

Some things are better left unsaid...payback's hell. First thing, switch toilet to hot water...
I guess I must’ve registered for too many adult themed newsletters.

1. Don’t answer calls from numbers you don’t know. Make them leave a message. Tell people you do this when giving out your number or make sure to get theirs and save it to your contacts. These scam calls won’t leave a message.
My wife gets at least a half dozen spam calls a day. It drives her crazy! I don't seem to have that problem..............

I setup an IVR for my main lines, including the business lines. It has a greeting, and then asks them to press 1 to connect to a human. This stopped all robocalls, and 99% of telemarketers.

Now the only ones that i get are the sole proprietors that are going thru a Rolodex and dialing the rotary to ask me about products that I may actually be interested in.

Latest resources

Back