Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Ty&Kim

RVF Newbee
We are newbies! Excited to get started with the season. What temp monitor system is best for the trailer so we can be sure our little dog stays safe and comfortable while we are out.

I use Tempstick

Temp Stick Wireless Remote Temperature & Humidity Sensor. Connects Directly to WiFi. Free 24/7 Monitoring, Alerts & History. Free iPhone/Android Apps, Made in America. Monitor Anywhere, Anytime!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HH7YD2Y/?tag=rvf01-20

I generally just set the thermostat and go enjoy the day. The AC will keep it cool enough to not have an issue with my animals.

I generally just set the thermostat and go enjoy the day. The AC will keep it cool enough to not have an issue with my animals.
The issue comes into play for the scenario of loss of shore power while you're away (brown out, etc.). Not everyone has AGS and a backup to that so a temp alarm is good "assuming" you Internet to send the alert and cellular to receive it.

The issue comes into play for the scenario of loss of shore power while you're away (brown out, etc.). Not everyone has AGS and a backup to that so a temp alarm is good "assuming" you Internet to send the alert and cellular to receive it.
We are normally only gone a few hours a day, but point taken. To that, I have never seen the power fail for an extended period of time that would create a hazardous situation either..........

I confess to being a paranoid over protective dog parent. But it's true, this is not a hot car scenario I don't think. I think the temps would not get dangerous after a day in the sun. Maybe hot, but not life threatening.

meetmarcell.com

I have no idea as to quality but it seems to work independently of any RV park WiFi or other sources as it has its own 4G that transmits. Only issue is, it requires a subscription but they have several plans.

NOT IN THE DESERT!!! use a fantastic fan (top of the line). Opens, turns on when hot and off when it is not. Closes with the rain sensor as well.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back