Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Summer is approaching and RVers with pets often want a system that can alert them when temps get above a threshold such as if shore power goes out while away and the air conditioners are not cooling. The other scenario is I use these for winter time ops for basement temperature monitoring. I highly recommend the Temp Stick by Ideal Sciences which I chose years ago. Monitoring is free which is built in to the up front cost of $149 for the unit, there is a web portal and smart phone app you can enjoy with the ability to easily create alerts which can send you text messages, etc. (most text messaging systems have an email address that can be used to send texts, just google how to to do for your carrier). When I first got mine I had a problem where when the Internet went offline for whatever reason the temp stick would not reconnect and the battery would die and it was useless. I contacted Ideal Sciences and they have a newer version which I tested and it works outstanding, problem solved, and they did this as a courtesy proving their outstanding customer service. I own two of these and use one in the coach and one in the wet bay.

If you're looking for a wireless temperature monitor solution for any need I highly recommend the Temp Stick (I am not affiliated with Ideal Sciences/Temp Stick)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M1OPOZB/?tag=rvf01-20

tempstick.png

I wish summer was approaching! It is in the high 20s here with 50+ mph winds. Wind chill is 14! Been that way for the past 24 hours.

As for the temp stick, looks like a nice unit. I have been using some fairly inexpensive (but reliable) wireless thermometers for monitoring the coach from the sticks-and-bricks. Of course, they don't provide cell phone alerts. That would be a nice feature. I'll have to look into the Ideal Sciences unit.

TJ

Just got this in an email from FMCA. Anyone tried it?

As my coach is in storage and we're experiencing very cold nights I wanted to check on temps at my coach. Once again I'm happy I have two of these, one in the house, one in the basement, as they are outstanding devices for temp monitoring. No fees for the web monitoring, login via web page or smartphone and view the temps and history. Nice to see my new Micro-air thermostat doing it's job and maintaining setpoint as verified from the temp stick devices.

Temp history is a nice feature. I have a wireless setof sensors and thermometer monitoring, refrig, freezer, fw and dump bays - also monitors humidity. The latter is a concern with carpet in the bays at 70-80% humidity.

Temp stick has been very reliable for us. Use it to monitor the utility closet for our condo in the NC mountains. Gives confidence our heat lamp is functioning properly and that our pipes wont freeze.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back