Chassis
FL Tag XCR
Engine
450 HP ISL
TOW/TOAD
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4 x 4 Limited
Fulltimer
No
I received an e-mail the other day which had an article about “Routes to Avoid.” Coincidentally. I plan to head South over a portion of one of these routes at the end of June.

The article states to avoid Teton Pass Highway 22, Wyoming from Swan Valley, Idaho to Jackson, Wyoming. My planned route is taking me South on HWY 33 from Island Park, Idaho to HWY 22 through Jackson, WY.

Please advise on your experience(s) through the Teton Pass HWY 22. Should I avoid it, and if so, what route would you recommend.

2014 DSDP 4369 – Lincoln Nautilus in tow.

Thanks in advance!

Paul Meehan

Well if they say to avoid it you might should think about it, with a rig as long as yours. Ours is 35’, and I’d avoid it.
And definitely, at this time of year, the word ‘pass’ associated with mountains, sends chills down my bones.
Did ‘they‘ say why? I looked at it on Google Earth, it has decent shoulders, but it’s just 2-lane.

We did avoid it. The bypass extended our trip by one hour but no big deal. First time to this part of the country and it was beautiful. Heard that we chose wisely!

I'd rather spend an hour avoiding trouble than a month (or more!) dealing with the fallout ?

Ah come on! What's wrong with thrilling rides?

Oh yeah the fading brakes, got it!

Been there, done that. Can't say anything about the trip I remember other than the view.. that is not to say I recommend it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back