Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Did you know that just since you're not home doesn't mean you can't enjoy a nice Thanksgiving meal? Grocery stores can prepare Thanksgiving dinners. My mother did this for me once when I was in the Air Force and I remembered that and ordered a Thanksgiving meal to pickup next Thursday at the grocery store (Albertsons) near me. I do enjoy Thanksgiving (turkey) dinners and all the good stuff, typically my sisters' family hosts. I'm on the road this year so I figured I'd treat myself. In case you didn't know....I realize some can actually do this from their RV such as a deep fryer but I'll take the easy approach as there is no way I'm cooking a bird!

We really do need to get together...I can give you cooking lessons, and you can give me grilling/smoking lessons...

We leave tomorrow for Anchor Down and then on Nashville for the Thanksgiving holiday. As nice as Swanson meals probably are, we just found a place in downtown Nashville and made reservations! However at some point we probably will smoke a turkey breast for the home cooked meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't have to cook an entire turkey to enjoy a nice Thanksgiving. As Bill notes above, you can smoke a breast or thigh and have plenty of delicious turkey for a nice meal...or two. Picking up a dinner from a local grocery store is certainly an option, but you probably won't wind up with enough left-over turkey for a great sandwich the next day. The day-after sandwich is my favorite part of Thanksgiving.

TJ

Recently we decided that we were going to start taking a break on holidays. After a couple of years of doing tons of work to prepare traditional holiday meals - all of which turned out great - we just asked ourselves why we were doing it. The point for us is to spend stress free time with those we love. So we decided to just go find a nice restaurant offering thanksgiving service, make reservations, tip generously and come back home and relax, playing cards, telling stories, watching movies and enjoying each other’s company.

I will miss the unbeatable leftover turkey sandwich though.

Last edited:
Farmer unfriended me.png

^^ everytime Mother and Daddy would be off to an AF function, we kids got to eat these! We thought they were wonderful in the 60's!!

Neal, this is such a tough time. It will be the first time we will not be able to be with our family. We have grandchildren, both grade school, and college, so way too risky?. However, we love our Green Mountain Smoker, and will do 1 or 2 turkey breasts this year. We love to make turkey chili, and freeze. We did a beer can chicken in it the other night, and it was wonderful! Thanks for all the help on the smoker! Judy

Latest resources

Back