Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

The Coachmen Brand On A Scale Of 1 To 10?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Dispatch

RVF Regular
On a scale of 1 to 10, what would you rate the Coachmen brand of RV's (especially with it's C class), and why?
Thinking.gif

It's not a class c, but my last trailer was a Clipper. I loved it and it was relatively non-problematic for 8 years but then I had a major leaf-spring hanger failure that could have been catastrophic had I been on the highway. I take responsibility for having let the frame get rusty, but the welder that came out to fix it said that he had never seen such a thin, flimsy frame on a trailer before. That was really disappointing. I sold it as-is to a guy who had the skill to rehab it.

We've been really happy with our 2018 Freedom Express so far. Bought it used 3 years ago.

It's not a class c, but my last trailer was a Clipper. I loved it and it was relatively non-problematic for 8 years but then I had a major leaf-spring hanger failure that could have been catastrophic had I been on the highway. I take responsibility for having let the frame get rusty, but the welder that came out to fix it said that he had never seen such a thin, flimsy frame on a trailer before. That was really disappointing. I sold it as-is to a guy who had the skill to rehab it.
We've been really happy with our 2018 Freedom Express so far. Bought it used 3 years ago.
"On a scale of 1 to 10"?

We have '17 Leprechaun and are very happy with. We bought it used 3 years ago and other than a few minor issues that Coachmen helped with it's great. Based on our past experience with another major brand a definite 10.

In your research--the year is going to make a big difference. Older units will have a better quality than those post 2008. As the coachman brand was parted and sold to various stakeholders, the quality of the product changed each time. ITs really a year by year comparison.

This is true with most brands.

Latest resources

Back