Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

The Current State of Outdoor Hospitality.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jim

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No

In 2024, the outdoor hospitality industry is well-positioned for continued growth, driven by trends such as increased demand for glamping, sustainability, and technology-driven experiences. However, challenges like rising costs, regulatory pressures, and labor shortages require businesses to be adaptable. Growth opportunities abound in emerging markets, wellness tourism, and eco-friendly innovations, making it a dynamic space with room for innovation and strategic expansion.

That quote reads like a horoscope but it’s probably fairly accurate. I just stayed in a small CG on Lake Shasta to visit a friend with a house boat (I was passing through the area) and the $32 small gravel loop CG with spaces barely big enough for a 35’ coach and no room for a toad we’re $91.75! Their rationale for the huge price increase? “Everyone else is doing it”. And the CG was packed so apparently there are no market forces to the contrary. Their draw is Lake Shasta and a boat dock just for campers (down about 75 steep deteriorating concrete steps), so if that’s why you’re there it’s apparently worth it. For a three day stop to visit, I found it lacking and no where near worth the cost. But that’s the current trend and I don’t see prices going down. I don’t mind spending that much or more, but I like to see a little more in the way of amenities and value at least somewhat approximating the cost. Aside from the lake, this dumpy little over crowded basic CG didn’t measure up for me.

Interesting article!
Seems to me, the bottom line is, "things keep going up"!
Hopefully, "There is a light at the end of the tunnel"!

Interesting article!
Seems to me, the bottom line is, "things keep going up"!
Hopefully, "There is a light at the end of the tunnel"!
There is, but it won't be for everyone!

That light may be like a train in a tunnel bearing down on you with no where to go to get out of the way

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back