RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
TOW/TOAD
2017 Ford Explorer/2018 Ford SuperDuty
Fulltimer
No
Alot of speculation as to what each manufacturer will be doing on their next generation(s) of Super C motorhomes... anyone have any insight or ideas of what may be something that will be appealing enough for all of us to want to upgrade/update??

Here are my initial thoughts

Any updates on the truck chassis side could be interesting:
- changes in engine technology (no more DEF head failures or DPF issues)
- electric power train
- regenerative braking to charge house batteries (instead of discarding the energy in engine braking)
- digitization of dashboard allowing for adds/change/delete of gauges and style changes
- allowance for software full integration of 3rd party GPS into dashboard
- heads up display
- options in chassis ride
- options in transmission
- options in cab seats
- rear wheel steering, even on twin screw axles, to dramatically improve maneuverability
- include air doublers on compressor, providing ability to use chassis dried air to inflate any and all tires

General RV changes in RV systems not specific to SuperC
- simplification and automotive quality systems (RV systems break down more than typical automotive systems)
- filter systems placed in easy to access locations; fuel (why do we need 3 or 4 different fuel filters, one for each system?)
- control systems that provide full self diagnostics
- plumbing and wiring routed through dedicated conduit, allowing for faster and easier tracing/replacement along with ability for owner to easily add new items in the future (such as alarm systems)
- Automotive grade rustproofing on chassis and all outside storage, with full undercarriage insulation to allow for subzero temps with no risk to plumbing or batteries
- Rethink cab sound and temp insulation to be on par with house insulation. Floor, walls, cap, and glass.
- better utilization of basement space behind the rear axles

what ideas do you have?

One of the key things you mentioned is cab area insulation and upgrades.. I see that as a huge opportunity!! Insulation in our storage bays is pretty good.. Newmar did a really good job of insulating the bays.. the one area they could have focused in on is the cab area insulation.. I added some myself and it made a difference and I sent the suggestions to Newmar as potential improvements.

Our SuperC is a 2014 model year. My observations are based on an older model. Sounds like your Newmar has already addressed some of the deficiencies from 8 years ago, such as the bay insulation.

Been trying to determine how I can insulate the bays, particularly any bays with electric or water.

Our SuperC is a 2014 model year. My observations are based on an older model. Sounds like your Newmar has already addressed some of the deficiencies from 8 years ago, such as the bay insulation.

Been trying to determine how I can insulate the bays, particularly any bays with electric or water.
Mine is a 2022 triumph and bays are not insulated either.

Super C's are really cool to look at. The high end ones have amazing towing capacity. There are other pluses.

However...

For me, it is still a class C, meaning that you subtract 8' or so from the overall length in determining house area. Class A DP's don't give up that much house area and some can also be spec'd to give enough towing capacity to suit. If you are a high end resort customer, some will only take class A's (not something I agree with).

All boils down to preference.

Are super C's a fad? The market will determine that.

Super C's are really cool to look at. The high end ones have amazing towing capacity. There are other pluses.

However...

For me, it is still a class C, meaning that you subtract 8' or so from the overall length in determining house area. Class A DP's don't give up that much house area and some can also be spec'd to give enough towing capacity to suit. If you are a high end resort customer, some will only take class A's (not something I agree with).

All boils down to preference.

Are super C's a fad? The market will determine that.
First of all Jaydee - we all have an opinion. I’m not sure why your reviewing this site. Its intended for us that own true Super-C. And the following is my response. We have traveled All over many parts of United States., and stayed in some high-end RV parks, never ever have been denied our presence because we’re Super C 40’….. Class -A only (private parks) , are out there, but slowly going away revenue is the issue 😎 . #2 cab area 8’ interesting where did you come up W/8 feet for the cab area space ?Damn, I can put my Jacuzzi and pizza oven in there and still drive it. So from our dash to the entrance of the house area is proximately 48” plus we can turn our seats around and have additional communication space. Please reconsider the purchase of a Super-C …..Danaquest XL , Newmar, and many others, understand if class A is your wine… you should check that area within in RVF.

Latest resources

Back