Open Road Allegro 36LA
RV Length
Chassis
Ford F53
Engine
Ford V10
Fulltimer
No
Just brought a new to me 2021 Allegro Open Road 36 LA! First RV owned, though I’ve shopped for 7 years…Getting it equipped for maiden voyage to… well, somewhere! Got a lot to learn and am excited to do this new adventure!

Just brought a new to me 2021 Allegro Open Road 36 LA! First RV owned, though I’ve shopped for 7 years…Getting it equipped for maiden voyage to… well, somewhere! Got a lot to learn and am excited to do this new adventure!
Congrats! I must admit that taking 7 years to find the right RV is commendable. No sense in rushing into the purchase. As a first timer, I'm sure you will have questions and concerns regarding your coach and RVing in general. You have chosen the right site for info and advice. There are folks here that have been camping/RVing for many years and are willing to share their wealth of information and advice. You will probably receive and opinion or two as well.

Speaking of opinions, my opinion regarding your maiden voyage will be to "stay close to home". Perhaps even just stay in your driveway. That way you can never be too far away from anything you may have forgotten to pack If you do need to make purchases for supplies or equipment, you will be close to stores you know and trust. Your next trip should be short as well and to a known location just so that you can get used to driving the coach and not have to worry too much about "where the heck am I?".

In time, the country will be your to discover and explore.

Welcome aboard!!

Darrell

Congratulations! Welcome

Howdy from Texas!

Welcome. In my opinion, you've found some of the friendliest and most knowledgeable rv'ers on the web. Learning about your new rig will be exciting but sometimes frustrating. Enjoy!!!

Congratulations!
Enjoy your new coach!
May you "Make Many Miles Of Smiles"!

Congratulations, welcome to the group& have a great 1st season. A lot of good people here, and always ready to help.

welcome, great resources here

Speaking of opinions, my opinion regarding your maiden voyage will be to "stay close to home". Perhaps even just stay in your driveway. That way you can never be too far away from anything you may have forgotten to pack If you do need to make purchases for supplies or equipment, you will be close to stores you know and trust.

Darrell
Yep, good advice! Our first trip was to the campground 3.5 miles up the road. Good thing too, cuz I made the trip back to home several times over the course of a week.

A couple of newbie mistakes that I made were to leave the vent open when we went to bed. And it rained during the middle of the night. Lots of rain water came in and the floor was nice and wet. Just perfect for me to slip in when I jumped out of bed and ran through the coach.

Second mistake was to leave everything out the night before we left. So now our portable gazebo, all the chairs, BBQ, etc., were all wet when I packed up the next morning. Which meant it all had to be unpacked when we got home so that it could dry out and be repacked again later in the week.

But it's an adventure, right? Have fun, and welcome to the group!

Latest resources

Back