Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

donzoh1

RVF Regular
I'm looking at a 2005 Monaco which is up for auction. I don't know whether I'll see any maintenance records so the power train could be a gamble. It has the GM V8 with Allision transmission and is based on the Workhorse W24 chassis. They're advertising a value of 39000 dollars, although it has some vandalism damage and will need at least a new microwave, new dinette benches, etc.

We've had a serious freeze around here within the last couple months and I'm not sure whether it was winterized properly. Is there a way to test for plumbing leaks without hookups? I'd be able to start the motor but there are no hookups out in the auction lot so I see this as another danger area. I think I'd be able to test the other systems though.

I would be concerned not be able to prove the water system. Have you researched the value yourself? Sounds a little high but in today’s market, maybe not.

I buy and sell cars at auction professionally for a large dealership. From your description you better really know how to work on these things your self. I occasionally see them at auction and watch and they are seldom bargains. Don't get auction fever, if it is not an absolute steal, walk away.

Often I see these come back to the auction because the purchaser found a lot more wrong with it than they realized.

Orrin

Latest resources

Back