• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Thinking on the New Dutchstar

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
….Oasis issues, Regen issues, etc can be trip terminating events. Don’t get me wrong I do not mind solving problems but much prefer to be home to accomplish the tasks. On the road stuff is very difficult.
Has me second guessing our decisions.
I find the complexity of new coaches a bit overwhelming/intimidating as well and it‘s one of the reason I bought an older, less complex coach. But I still had my share of emissions problems and learning the basics of proper care and feeding of the DEF and DPF systems (not all that complex, just specific) seems to have ended that dilemma for me. Also over the last 2-3 years, Freightliner and Spartan seem to have improved the DEF system sufficiently to get control of the epidemic of DEF header strandings. As for the Oasis system, once you make the leap and open the cover, you’ll find maintenance is really quite simple, easy, maybe even enjoyable.

Some things are just be best left to the professionals but I think you’ll find the learning curve rewarding, plenty of material for new videos, and it’s good for the brain to keep learning new stuff. And don’t forget that a quick check-in here will often lead to easy solutions - there aren’t many new problems, just new to you, and you’ll usually find someone with the specific experience and info you need in fairly short order. Also you have a lot of RV’n experience and knowledge and it will serve you well as you get to know your new coach.

Just last night my neighbor’s Dometic electronically controlled toilet quit working and he was about to start spending $$ on parts he didn’t actually need. I found a quick easy solution in minutes on the forum and not only was the repair quick, easy and free, but now he’s armed with a little more knowledge about the system. Did we need electronic toilets? I say no, but we are stuck with them, so we learn about them.

The flip side of all this over-complication and unnecessary complexity is that it adds a lot of convenience and enjoyment to the experience once you learn how to operate and care for all the systems. I guess the best advice is to opt for the factory pick up if you haven’t already. It will relieve a lot of the stress of figuring out how everything works and how to care for it all. And of course preventative maintenance will go a long way towards fending off problems. I shorten maintenance intervals allowing me to head off problems early and giving me peace of mind when on the road.

Be Quiet Carbonaro Effect GIF by truTV

I guess the best advice is to opt for the factory pick up if you haven’t already. It will relieve a lot of the stress of figuring out how everything works and how to care for it all. And of course preventative maintenance will go a long way towards fending off problems
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Latest resources

Back