• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Thor buys Tiffin

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
On a positive note, it opens the door for greatness. Newmar (or anyone else for that matter) can set themselves apart by building a reputation on QC and after the sale service. Imagine buying a motor home that had very few problems right out the door. And the problems that did arise were handled immediately, without the customary runaround and 4 month wait for parts.
Watch for the rise of Forest River. Mr. Clemens has been doing a wonderful job improving the brand. They have a long way to catch Newmar, but in the affordable coach arena, they may soon be in the big 3. I knew something like this was going to happen - a big reason I chose Newmar over Tiffin. I hope gas coach cutomers are not doomed to by junk, as the only choices in the future.

The Class A we had before our current one was a Thor Challenger. It was ok but still an entry level gasser and not on the same level as a Tiffin or Newmar IMHO.

So far Newmar hasn't changed much as far as how they are standing behind their products. I have a friend with a 2017 coach exactly like mine and they just agreed to replace all of his furniture for free last month due to the start of a flaking issue. Not bad customer service on a 3 year old coach.

I hope Thor goes the extra mile and supports their loyal Tiffin owners the same way.

Tiffin owners are screwed. I bet their value sinks like a rock when this news gets priced in to the market.

There was a lot of doom and gloom predicted when Winnebago bought Newmar, so far not much has changed. I think in the near term the same for Tiffin. Eventually the bottom line will require some change but I think the reputation of both Newmar and Tiffin will prevail. ?

There was a lot of doom and gloom predicted when Winnebago bought Newmar, so far not much has changed. I think in the near term the same for Tiffin. Eventually the bottom line will require some change but I think the reputation of both Newmar and Tiffin will prevail. ?
Man, I hope you are right.

Latest resources

Back