Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Kenny

RVF Newbee
Thinking about buying a 2018/2019 Thor vegas is it worth buying? Is there much engine noise? I would assume a three year old have most problems resolve. Thanks for any advice.

Kenny, welcome to the site. I can't talk to the value proposition for your coach, it is a personal choice. Cost/ Benefits/ Options; these are things you have to work out. Regardless of what others might think of level of engine noise, comfort, build quality, condition of rig, you really need to do your due diligence to ensure you are satisfied with the purchase and it meets your needs. I would test drive it in multiple environments, local roads, highway speeds, large hills if available to go through the full range of sound impacts.
Never assume. Inspect and test. some three year old coaches will be sorted, others will be problem children the PO was desperate to rid themselves of.
It is a large $ purchase, put some time into verifying it meets your needs and is not a problem waiting for a place to happen.

Hi Kenny my husband and I just bought a 2018 Vegas Thor 25.3 rig. There is quit a bit of engine noise. I have read about many owners doing modifications to help with the noise while driving. My husband are very happy with our purchase so far as it was within our price point and was not too big, I find it easy to maneuver even for me. We know that we need to make many modifications from getting a mattress, and sofa change. What we like about our Rig is the ease to drive, especially when we have been pulling a travel trailers for 3 years. We did get a car to pull behind the Vegas and plan to learn all we can about this Rig. Enjoy!!

I have also bought a 2018 Vegas 25.3. I find that everything so far I like except the shortage of outside storage. I would have preferred the twin bed set up but we could not refuse the great deal we got on this unit

Latest resources

Back