Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Tiffin Midas 24RT- is it real or is it vaporware?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

jimpaige

RVF Newbee
I am new to Tiffin and need some help. I am looking to buy in next few months to be ready for a summer 2023 6-month fishing trip in Western US, British Columbia and Yukon.

Tiffin Midas 24rt was introduced at the recent Florida RV show. It seems to be Tiffin's version of the Leisure Travel Wonder RTB and Winnebago Ekko - based on the AWD Ford Transit chassis with gas engine.

Midas 24RT is not on Tiffin's website, but several dealers have units listed for sale with pictures of an actual RV, not digital images....but the units are not identical. Some have side doors on the rear garage and others do not. There are 8 Midas for sale on rvtrader, but 1 listing states this unit is still a concept.

I have an appointment with a dealer that is an hour from me. Salesman said the unit they have is for sale... I am wondering if this is a display unit only?

Spec sheet from Tiffin is bare bones plus salesman could not answer questions but said he'd have answers by time we meet.

Does Tiffin usually release several different versions of a concept-- and then decide on the exact unit that will be produced?

Does Tiffin send "display" units to select dealers prior to starting real production.

Winnebago and LTV are working on 18 to 24 month lead times-- can I believe a dealer who says I can have the Midas 24RT in 2 months?

Who can you recommend I call at Tiffin who will best be able to answer my questions?

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited:
I am new to Tiffin and need some help. I am looking to buy in next few months to be ready for a summer 2023 6-month fishing trip in Western US, British Columbia and Yukon.

Tiffin Midas 24rt was introduced at the recent Florida RV show. It seems to be Tiffin's version of the Leisure Travel Wonder RTB and Winnebago Ekko - based on the AWD Ford Transit chassis with gas engine.

Midas 24RT is not on Tiffin's website, but several dealers have units listed for sale with pictures of an actual RV, not digital images....but the units are not identical. Some have side doors on the rear garage and others do not. There are 8 Midas for sale on rvtrader, but 1 listing states this unit is still a concept.

I have an appointment with a dealer that is an hour from me. Salesman said the unit they have is for sale... I am wondering if this is a display unit only?

Spec sheet from Tiffin is bare bones plus salesman could not answer questions but said he'd have answers by time we meet.

Does Tiffin usually release several different versions of a concept-- and then decide on the exact unit that will be produced?

Does Tiffin send "display" units to select dealers prior to starting real production.

Winnebago and LTV are working on 18 to 24 month lead times-- can I believe a dealer who says I can have the Midas 24RT in 2 months?

Who can you recommend I call at Tiffin who will best be able to answer my questions?

Thanks,

Jim
I have been curious, as well. As you said, nothing is mentioned on the Tiffin website of the model even existing, yet I have gotten quotes from dealers. I looked at photos of 3 different units and each one had a different configuration for the jump seat behind the driver. The last one indicated the seat could be made into a sleeping area for one; the others not. Strange.

I have been curious, as well. As you said, nothing is mentioned on the Tiffin website of the model even existing, yet I have gotten quotes from dealers. I looked at photos of 3 different units and each one had a different configuration for the jump seat behind the driver. The last one indicated the seat could be made into a sleeping area for one; the others not. Strange.

Thanks,

Jim
Hi all. I’m new as well to the forum
I contacted Tiffin today. “Wayne” said that more information would be available in a month and that by the Tampa show in January, they have more complete information for purchase and ordering As it will be going into production.

The Midas is now on Tiffins' web site. I was told all Midas' are built on the Ford Transit. Also, just learned that the Midas 24 MT is currenttly on the assembly line and should be at the Tampa Show in January. The 24 MT may have the option for a 12V Fridge. Personally, I have seen, on the Internet, about four variations of the current Midas.

Latest resources

Back