tile-man
RV Year
RV Make
Fleetwood
RV Model
Storm
RV Length
Flextile-RV-backsplash-in-fleetwood.jpg

Why would I expect such nice tile work from a guy who calls himself "@tileman?" :ROFLMAO: Looks good!

TJ

Noice! I like how you didn’t cut it off and went floor to ceiling with it. I did the same in my house when remodeling it a few years ago.

here’s a more practical question - what kind of thinset did you use given that this is going to flex, wobble and go bump in the night much more than your sticks and bricks wall ever would?

what kind of thinset did you use given that this is going to flex, wobble and go bump in the night much more than your sticks and bricks wall ever would?
Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that. But yeah, there's going to be a bit of stress to be absorbed. Sure hope this works out!

Noice! I like how you didn’t cut it off and went floor to ceiling with it. I did the same in my house when remodeling it a few years ago.

here’s a more practical question - what kind of thinset did you use given that this is going to flex, wobble and go bump in the night much more than your sticks and bricks wall ever would?
The adhesive and the grout are special rubber products compounded for tiling surfaces that flex.

@tileman could you share specifically which products for others that may be interested in doing something similar?

I’d presumed you used one of the so-called “flexible thinsets” which I never have but never needed to. Sounds like you used something else?

I have done the same in my FR Surveyor. Instead of using real tile that is heavy, and possibly might not hold up over thousands of miles (we put over 8,000 miles in the past 7 weeks), I have taken large flexible floor tiles (Lowe’s Hardware) that look just like stone and cut them using a table saw into “pavers” of altering lengths. Although these tiles have a sticky back I also used construction adhesive to glue them in place. I then used the silicone sandy grout (the recommended product for these tiles and color). It looks like real stone (I varied 2 colors) and unless you touch it you would never know it is not real stone. This is certainly much more durable as a splash guard than the wallpaper that was there and it is holding up great!

I have done the same in my FR Surveyor. Instead of using real tile that is heavy, and possibly might not hold up over thousands of miles (we put over 8,000 miles in the past 7 weeks), I have taken large flexible floor tiles (Lowe’s Hardware) that look just like stone and cut them using a table saw into “pavers” of altering lengths. Although these tiles have a sticky back I also used construction adhesive to glue them in place. I then used the silicone sandy grout (the recommended product for these tiles and color). It looks like real stone (I varied 2 colors) and unless you touch it you would never know it is not real stone. This is certainly much more durable as a splash guard than the wallpaper that was there and it is holding up great!
Would love to see photos.

Latest resources

Back