Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Okay, we all know the economic situation is tough, we are sad to hear about layoffs and a decline in our passion - RVing. Let's turn the tide here and keep things upbeat, let's post pics of RVing, let's remember to enjoy the journey that RVing affords us. Many (self included) are still couped up and ready to take to the open roads. As this is seasonal to some, the season is opening and the RV's are sprouting on the roads again.

Post something positive, post something RV related, let's be happy and enjoy the great friends we make in communities like this and hopefully get to meet as our paths cross.

It's time for some good ole camping/glamping cooking, dining out as I have cajun food on the brain thanks to @GUS2000, and finding your breweries, distilleries, wineries, or ice cream shops, or all of the above!

Happy trails...positive vibes start NOW.

We've been out twice this year from SW Mich. First to York, PA and second to Mason, Mi. We show dogs. The second trip was the best as my wife won Best of Breed 3 out of the four days with our Whippet.

But, better than that, Mason is near where our daughter and SIL live and we got to spend time with them and our 1 year old grandson. Doesn't get any better than Grandma and Grandpa spoiling the little one!

Oh, the Ventana was great too.

June 1st, we will be making a major trip (for us) lasting 2 months. Leaving from Cypress Inn Tn. to Wittier Ak. We will start a thread when we start and hope to document our travel along the way.

We just flew up to the great northeast for our grandsons first birthday. Got a minute to go into the garage to hug the coach. Won’t see it again until we return for the summer in early May. First trip planned for the third week in May up to Lake Champlain area. CANT WAIT to get on the road again!

Okay, we all know the economic situation is tough, we are sad to hear about layoffs and a decline in our passion - RVing. Let's turn the tide here and keep things upbeat, let's post pics of RVing, let's remember to enjoy the journey that RVing affords us. Many (self included) are still couped up and ready to take to the open roads. As this is seasonal to some, the season is opening and the RV's are sprouting on the roads again.

Post something positive, post something RV related, let's be happy and enjoy the great friends we make in communities like this and hopefully get to meet as our paths cross.

It's time for some good ole camping/glamping cooking, dining out as I have cajun food on the brain thanks to @GUS2000, and finding your breweries, distilleries, wineries, or ice cream shops, or all of the above!

Happy trails...positive vibes start NOW.
I agree. I have had enough gloom and doom. Most of us really don't have to go very far to "get away from it all". You can stay close to home. In the past six (plus) years we have had the opportunity so see a lot of our country. Nine provinces and forty five of the lower forty eight. We have determined that no matter what state or province we have been to there are places of interest, beauty and wonder to be found. We are not talking about "known touristy destinations" (we have done a lot of those too) but there some out of the way places that you can find by not looking too hard away and many, away from the crowds. I'm adding pics of some of what we have seen.
Oh ya, I like Cajun too so one pic of my favorite.

Darrell

1 2020 02 (February) 22 Mandeville Louisianna - Seafood Market - Crayfish.JPG2022  10 (October) 23 Lyndell Pennsylvania - Brandywine Creek.JPG2022 01 (January) 11 Highway 1 California - Plankett Creek Campground - Sunset.JPG2022 02 (February) 27 Winterhaven California - American Girl Mine BLM - Deseret Sunset.JPG2022 04 (April) 05 Highway 1 California Near Carmel by the Sea - Ocean Mist.JPG2022 05 (May) 26 Oyen Alberta - Prairie Sunset.JPG2022 08 (August) 17 Halifax Nova Scotia - Fairview Lawn Cemetery - Titanic Section.JPG2022 10 (October) 18 Bethel New York  - Yazger's Farm  - We were too late for the Woodstock Mu...JPG2022 11 (November) 03 Near Harper's Ferry West Virginia - Blue Ridge Mountains and the Shenand...JPG2023 01 (January) 03 Dauphin Island Alabama.JPG

Mmmm, mud bugs, reminds me of being stationed in Louisiana! Loved it!

Lucky us, living in the Hill Country of Texas allows us to RV just about year-round. In 25 years, I've never winterized an RV. We recently returned from a week in the Big Bend National Park area. Perfect time to go, the sage and cacti were in full bloom. In a few weeks, we will go to an NKK Hoots Rally in Rockport, TX. Early June is a 10-day cruise and a 5-day land package to Alaska. We will pack up to head to cooler climes for 3 months when we return home. We have plans to attend the Newmar International Rally, a Hoots Rally, and the Albuquerque Ballon Festival. Other than that we don't have much planned.

Love the full time lifestyle. Just this week in Shepherdsville, KY did a few bourbon distilleries and going to Mammoth Cave Nat Park on Monday. Headed to see friends met on travels in Columbus next week. Last week in Nashville (also saw friends) and week prior in Laurel MS (saw friends again), Been a nice spring thus far.

After our yearly trip which usually lasts around 6 months, I'm glad to get back to the S&B and have some room to "spread out". After being home for a couple months, I sit looking at the coach in the back yard, waiting with anticipation for the next trip.:rolleyes: Here's our route this year, can't wait!! BTW, our son just got married on April Fools day....:giggle:

Screenshot 2024-04-08 073548.png
IMG_2668.jpg

Not a big thing but for us it should be campabul?:rolleyes: But both are payed for, never towed a camper, just a pop up.
Sold my pickup camper for 1300 and payed 1700 for it seven years ago, that's positive.

Attachments

• 20240408_081205.jpg
    20240408_081205.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 10
  • 20240408_081209.jpg
    20240408_081209.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13

Latest resources

Back