Chassis
F550
Engine
Titan V10
TOW/TOAD
2020 Polaris Slingshot
Fulltimer
No
On the maiden voyage I found that maybe 75% of the heat is coming from the driver’s/passenger windows and the front window.

My question is; has anybody tinted, or thought about tinting these windows? They now tint front windshields with ceramic tint that drastically reduce heat. (They say) It is very expensive to get done $1500 just for the front window. $300 for both sides.

When driving I am real close to not having to run the roof AC and just utilizing the truck ac. I can close off the bedroom to reduce the cooling area. The refrigerator/freezer will keep temp for about 3hrs before is starts to warm up. I figure when i stop I would start the generator cool the frig again and keep the inside cool while stopped.

Anyway it’s a thought right now and wanted to get other’s opinion first.

Thank in advance.

Not sure I would spend $2100 for the ceramic but I'd tint the two side windows for sure. I'd even tint the top of the windshield as dark as I could get it. Mine is 4'X8' so if you are facing the sun it REALLY lets in a lot of heat. Let us know what you do! And how it works.

Ceramic tinting is the way to go. I had both of my RVs done with windshield and front side windows and it made a big difference. Wouldn't say it solved the heat problem but it sure took a bite out of it. Also, controls light so driving is more comfortable. I never paid more than $425 for the complete job. Look for local auto/truck tinting places on Google. Only took about 3 hours. I had a Class C and a Class B done.

Ceramic tinting is the way to go. I had both of my RVs done with windshield and front side windows and it made a big difference. Wouldn't say it solved the heat problem but it sure took a bite out of it. Also, controls light so driving is more comfortable. I never paid more than $425 for the complete job. Look for local auto/truck tinting places on Google. Only took about 3 hours. I had a Class C and a Class B done.
Thanks for the info.
Mine is a Class A and the windshield is huge. I’m getting several prices to see what the average will be.

Hey there! I'm new to this forum and stumbled upon your old post. I totally feel you about the heat! It can be brutal. Have you thought about getting car shade for those windows?

I was more concerned when driving. I do have a shade while parked. I did get the side windows tinted and the front I got 2 ft tinted on the top and 1 foot on the bottom. Works great.

Attachments

• IMG_1491-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_1491-compressed.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1488-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_1488-compressed.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1490-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_1490-compressed.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 18
Ceramic Tint does a great job of rejecting heat. The only down side of Tint is driving at night with it.
After the first experience with a tinted windshield in a car to legal limit, I opted for the least tint possible and the highest grade 3M tint film on the next vehicle. Worked out great.

Hey there! I'm new to this forum and stumbled upon your old post. I totally feel you about the heat! It can be brutal. Have you thought about getting car shade for those windows?
It's a cheaper alternative to tinting and can still block out a good amount of heat. Plus, it's easy to install and remove. I've used it before and it made a noticeable difference in temperature. Just a suggestion! Let me know if you end up trying it out.

Spam link didn't work in the first try?
I've become pretty much against window tint in vehicles. I have kids that went as far as tinting their entire windshield. I refuse to drive their cars at night, I have to roll the window down to see out. I don't know how they do it.
That said, first, I don't exactly live in the desert so I CAN get by without it. Second, I have to say I really like BGMAC's usage above. Doing a good upper portion of the windshield just makes all kinds of sense and you still have plenty of visibility. I am actually tempted.

I will say take care with choosing tint shops. Some do amazing work. Others think they can but absolutely do not. Pay the extra to an established place and not some guy in an alley.

Latest resources

Back