• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

KJ2019RoadtrekZion

RVF Regular
Hello All!

Anyone have the Craftsman V20 cordless inflator and if so, how do you like it? Is it capable of inflating an RV tire to 80 psi?

I am trying to decide between the Craftsman v20 cordless inflator and the Milwaukee M18 inflator.

My two biggest drawbacks from going with the better rated Milwaukee M18 is I already own Craftsman batteries and charger. And I like that the Craftsman also has the AC wall plug, and 12V MAX* adapter. Something the Milwaukee doesn’t offer.

Thoughts on either inflator from any owners who use these devices to inflate their RV tires needing 80 psi ?

Love, love my Milwaukee M18 Tire Inflator so much so I posted a thread about it here on the forum. I highly recommend it.

Love, love my Milwaukee M18 Tire Inflator so much so I posted a thread about it here on the forum. I highly recommend it.

Hello ARD!

Thanks for the response. I had already read it and can see the Milwaukee M18 is a champion.

But as said, I am not too ready to spend over $200 for the Milwaukee and it’s batteries and charger, when I already own Craftsman batteries and charger.

If Milwaukee had the AC wall plug, or 12V MAX* adapter I would definitely make that purchase. But not having those alternative options is holding me back from purchasing just yet.

I need to hear some reviews or thoughts on the Craftsman V20 cordless option first.

But I highly agree with you the Milwaukee M18 sounds awesome.

Sorry I am no help with the craftsman. Quite frankly, I doubt you can go wrong with the Craftsman. They produce a great product imho. Hopefully someone will chime in. Good luck.

Back in the day Craftsman tools were a quality product. Now it's mostly made in china garbage.
Sears sold the Craftsman brand to Stanley Black & Decker in 2017, and declared bankruptcy in October 2018.

I like the smaller Milwaukee M12. A buddy has the M18. They do the same thing except mine is half the size and weight and slower. Mine goes to 120 psi, his to 150.

That said, I have a lot of Milwaukee stuff and like about all of it. Since you own Craftsman batteries and chargers already it doesn't make much economic sense to step into another system unless Milwaukee has more stuff you want to get later and are replacing your Craftsman stuff entirely.

Trying to picture why I'd need or want my inflator to plug into 120V AC. I can't picture a scenario. I always have spare batteries at the ready. I have WAY too many vehicles and it seems something is always needing air. Even so, I don't really believe my inflator gets that much of a workout really. I imagine any half decent one on the market would do the job just as well. One I had before was they kind you plug into a cigarette lighter. Impractical with a 28 foot RV so I made an adapter so it would run off a Milwaukee battery. I gave it to my son last year when I bought the M12 one. No idea how old the other one is nor what brand it used to be. I know I had it over twenty years. He mentioned using it last week so it's still kicking.

I tried to avoid spending the money for a Viair compressor by trying other brands/configurations and all I ended up doing was spending more money, time and effort avoiding shelling out the dough for the good compressor.

I looked at ViAirs. Big(ish), not light, not really portable, especially for trail bikes in the woods. No interest at all. So a very much smaller compressor suited MY needs better. People (unlike me) that full often want compressed air for things other than tires and blowing up beach toys so can easily can make a case for stuff like ViAirs suiting their needs better.
Bonus, ViAir products only have a one year warranty where my Milwaukee has a five year warranty. And I can attest Milwaukee stands behind their warranty and takes care them with no fuss. I don't know what the Craftsman warranty length but if you have an issue you have to go no further than the closest Lowes's. There is a local tool place that where I can drop a Milwaukee tool for service in person but usually I just FedEx them. Milwaukee covers the shipping. One reason I keep buying more and more of their products. The good far overshadows the two problems I've had. One was right at 4 years and 11 months. I almost felt bad asking them to warranty it.

I looked at ViAirs. Big(ish), not light, not really portable, especially for trail bikes in the woods. No interest at all. So a very much smaller compressor suited MY needs better. People (unlike me) that full often want compressed air for things other than tires and blowing up beach toys so can easily can make a case for stuff like ViAirs suiting their needs better.
Bonus, ViAir products only have a one year warranty where my Milwaukee has a five year warranty. And I can attest Milwaukee stands behind their warranty and takes care them with no fuss. I don't know what the Craftsman warranty length but if you have an issue you have to go no further than the closest Lowes's. There is a local tool place that where I can drop a Milwaukee tool for service in person but usually I just FedEx them. Milwaukee covers the shipping. One reason I keep buying more and more of their products. The good far overshadows the two problems I've had. One was right at 4 years and 11 months. I almost felt bad asking them to warranty it.
Considering that this is an RV forum, not a dirt bike forum, a compressor/inflator needed for 30-40 psi dirt bike tires was not something that I considered and not what you specified
Again, being as this is a forum for RVs, many of which use tire pressures upward of 100 psi, I offered my experience and opinion on the Viair.
Since you seem to be searching for a portable, battery operated inflator/compressor for your dirt bikes, why not make an inquisitive post on a dirt bike forum?

I'll not write the word that popped into my head immediately upon reading that.
I bought my compressor SPECIFICALLY for my RV after experiencing tire trouble. Reading comprehension: as above I have one already and have been bragging on how pleased I am with it. When my RV rolls out it is most certainly onboard. Repeat, because that's why I bought it. Since I am not a full timer and own many other vehicles I was just stating that I have also found it VERY handy in a variety of ways and locations and gave using taking it with on trail rides as one example. Some other things I carry on/in the coach have purpose outside of camping too.
Good grief.
In a previous discussion of such, another full times was kind enough to explain why a ViAir type setup more suited his needs. Which I'm sure was helpful to folks looking for options. A very nice guy. You find those sometimes.

Latest resources

Back