2cmprs

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Grand Design
RV Model
Transcend Explor 221RB
RV Length
Do the sensor batteries run down during down time or does lack of use keep their charge?
Should batteries be removed when not in use? (months)

I don’t know specifically about the TireMinder sensors, but our EezTire sensors only consume battery power when there is air pressure on them. For long periods of inactivity, I simply remove the sensors from the valve stems. That has seemed to extend battery life substantially. Since, I think, most of the TPMS sensors are virtually the same, I suspect the same is true for the TireMinder sensors.

TJ

Last edited:
I have tire minders and find that at least once a year you need to replace them. Driving or sitting does not make a differance
:cool:

I replace my TireMinder batteries each year with their battery replacement program.

I have TST and replace batteries every 2 years. I don't rmove them until time to change the batteries.

I have TST and replace batteries every 2 years. I don't rmove them until time to change the batteries.
I, too, have the TST system. I think most sensors are very similar. Just leave them on and change the batteries annually just like changing the oil. If you buy the batteries on line the cost is so minimal, compared to other annual services, that it’s not even worth worrying about.

I replace my TireMinder batteries each year with their battery replacement program.
Man, I completely forgot about this. I just bought some batteries on Amazon, delivered today. I had previously gotten my free ones from Tireminder, but I barely traveled last year and forgot all about this. I just placed an order for my free ones and I need to a reminder in for next year or something.

Latest resources

Back