Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

540dma

RVF Newbee
Hi everyone, we bought a used Class A motorhome and have really enjoyed it, but we have found out that the tires are 15 years old and need to be replaced NOW! I have done a lot of research regarding 245/70R 19.5 tires, but still don't know what to buy. From what I have learned I want to stay away from commercial truck tires, which is what most tires are in this size because they are way to stiff and give you a horrible ride. But I can't find any that are designated RV tires in that size on any websites. So I am asking for help to get some recommendations of Class A tires this size that won't break the bank! $250 for a tire is OK. But do I get a steering tire only for the front? And then what kind for the rear? And what about rotating them to make them last longer? Please any help that you can offer will be Greatly Appreciated!! Thank You!!

Michelin lists 245/70 19.5 in their RV tire guide:
Toyo also has RV tires in that size - M143 and M154 and maybe others. But none of the above will be in the $250 range. Closer to $450 and up.

Most RV tires are “all position” but if your alignment is good (have it checked when you get new tires) you probably wont need to ever rotate them.

I bought Goodyear tires for my last Class A that had 19.5” tires becuase that was what was on it originally and they had hard time finding six of them that would balance with a reasonable amount of weight. And they never did ride well.

You can find cheaper tires but you probably wont be happy with them (ride, handling, wear, etc) and you run a higher risk of failure which is never fun.

Here’s a list of 155 tires in that size:

Michelin lists 245/70 19.5 in their RV tire guide:
Toyo also has RV tires in that size - M143 and M154 and maybe others. But none of the above will be in the $250 range. Closer to $450 and up.

Most RV tires are “all position” but if your alignment is good (have it checked when you get new tires) you probably wont need to ever rotate them.

I bought Goodyear tires for my last Class A that had 19.5” tires becuase that was what was on it originally and they had hard time finding six of them that would balance with a reasonable amount of weight. And they never did ride well.

You can find cheaper tires but you probably wont be happy with them (ride, handling, wear, etc) and you run a higher risk of failure which is never fun.

Here’s a list of 155 tires in that size:
Hi, after 22 hours of research I decided to go with Salium tires. I read 80 reviews from RV owners and they all were happy with them and they were in my price range. Thank you for your advice & suggestions

Im guessing this is Sailun and I’ve read good reports about their commercial tires.

Are the SAILUN tires made in China ? Trying not to buy CCP products (almost impossible these days). Blessings

Are the SAILUN tires made in China ? Trying not to buy CCP products (almost impossible these days). Blessings
The company is based in China and owned by a large Chinese tire manufacturing equipment company, giving them a source of R&D and the ability to demonstrate their equipment. They make a lot of tires in China but they also have factories in Vietnam and I think I read recently that they are now in the US and Canada. Their claim is that they are providing dependable tires to the budget sector of the market, unlike so many Chinese trailer tire companies.

Anybody buy Rodx tires for the rear of a class A motorhome. Decent price , nice tread pattern. welcome any comments. Thanks

Latest resources

Back