RV Model
Reflection 28BH
RV Length
35’
TOW/TOAD
Ford F-250 Super Duty
Fulltimer
No
After seeing so many post online about the Castle Rock tires being a crap shoot and even though mine are brand new, I am not taking a chance and replacing. Read so much on tires and going with a tire recommendation from a church member who runs one of the largest tire companies on the east. He even said many other members who haul heavy machinery run them and love them.

The tire is a Zeemax. Will give you all a look when I get them and mounted.

Honestly I think they are Chinese but highly recommended so I am trying them. As to the manufacturer, not sure?

Yes, they are Chinese made. And, if you do a little research, you will find that they don ‘t get very good reviews. YMMV.

TJ

Yes, they are Chinese made. And, if you do a little research, you will find that they don ‘t get very good reviews. YMMV.

TJ
Overall I don’t think many do in all reality. But with several locals running them on heavy haulers and transporting construction equipment and utility trailers and they keep replacing them with more, I will be willing to try them. I wonder sometimes to reviews and their actual truthfulness and all.

If they are a rock, then lesson learned. One will go crazy reading reviews....I just went right to a person from a tire source to find out what everyone is using and how much they like them. Maybe it’s a regional thing.

Maybe the ones you know of keep replacing them for the same is because they are cheap? For trailer tires the two that seem to be favorites are Sailun or Goodyear. I had year old Castle Rock tires have ply separation. Now I have Goodyear Endurance tires.

Just remember people who review tend to only do so when things are bad. If you take into consideration how many tires are sold each year and how many are giving bad reviews it's probably a small amount. Install pressure and temperature monitors on each tire and have a roadside service then don't worry about it too much.

I have always thought when pulling boat trailers the weak link is wheel bearings and tires. I have had both go bad even though I paid particular attention to them. I want the best rubber on the road because when they go bad, bad things happen.

Sometimes the cheap becomes expensive!

Latest resources

Back