Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question To Dishwasher or Not in your new motorhome?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
With a DP weight is not such an issue but for us Gasser owners, a dishwasher will cut into useful load. Also the two of us try not to generate much in the way of dirty dishes so the value of a dishwasher is minimal. After each meal a quick cleanup of plates and pans and we are done.

No gray valve needn’t be open as long as there is capacity left. Dishwasher uses approximately 2.6 gal per full wash.

With a DP weight is not such an issue but for us Gasser owners, a dishwasher will cut into useful load. Also the two of us try not to generate much in the way of dirty dishes so the value of a dishwasher is minimal. After each meal a quick cleanup of plates and pans and we are done.

I'm sure what I have in the two drawers a dishwasher takes weighs far more! :) I have a lot of crap in those two drawers haha! If only I could bring myself to thin out what's in there. I'm working on it!

For what it's worth, the model that came in my NADP weighs 120 pounds. Hrm .. I take that back. I see conflicting information. Might be 120 pounds shipping, 65 actual. 120 seemed too heavy.

I've gone back and forth about the dishwasher, as I would love more storage for MORE stuff. When and if I get a new coach, I would order the dishwasher again. I like it. It uses less water than hand washing and it does a great job, especially on my wine glasses.

Reactions: Jim
As Jerry said, I would not be without it. I really enjoy cooking, but not washing dishes. The machine is quiet, and efficient. Some have complained about odor, but if you dry the little filter area under the silverware basket when you will not be using the coach for a few weeks, all is good. Judy D

Reactions: ARD
Would we order a dishwasher in the next coach...if there is a "next coach" (we are quite satisfied with the 2018 MADP)? Nope! There is something to be said for the simple things in life!
Holy smokes, you guys have the most awesome MH! Makes me wonder what part of the motor home ladder I have to be on to view a dishwasher as the item that over-simplified a 2018 Mountain Aire 4047. :)

Holy smokes, you guys have the most awesome MH! Makes me wonder what part of the motor home ladder I have to be on to view a dishwasher as the item that over-simplified a 2018 Mountain Aire 4047. :)
When I say "the simple things in life," I am referring to things that won't break, leak or otherwise create a problem I have to fix! There are already more than enough of those things in the MADP.

TJ

Reactions: Jim
We did not order our DS with a dishwasher, really like the drawer space

As to storage, the DW is storage. We run it and then keep the dishes in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back