Chassis
Sparten
Engine
450 cummins
TOW/TOAD
2022 Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
I unplugged the brake last night and started the jeep this morning, we traveled 256 miles and i went to unplug the brake, and the battery is dead, what am i missing?

There is a constant draw on the battery while it is being towed and if the battery was weak, it would enough to push it over the edge. I know from experience. Especially if you had been towing it for more than one day.

I would look into putting in a charge line…. Which would give the car a trickle charge from the RV.

There is a constant draw on the battery while it is being towed and if the battery was weak, it would enough to push it over the edge. I know from experience. Especially if you had been towing it for more than one day.

I would look into putting in a charge line…. Which would give the car a trickle charge from the RV.
Totally Agree with RichPatty. If you have a seven pin connector there is a constant power pole for electric brakes that you can tap to attach on board charger to. That is what we do.

They also make products specifically for this…. They don’t make the one I have anymore, but this one is similar…

They also make products specifically for this…. They don’t make the one I have anymore, but this one is similar…

thanks, I will be ordering one of these, $165.00 is pretty cheap insurance

thanks, I will be ordering one of these, $165.00 is pretty cheap insurance
That’s the unit I have. I am just starting to flat tow and the charger has worked well so far.

X2 on the rvi battery charger. We had a dead battery on the first tow and since we put that unit in no issues.

i BUILT A 7 TO 5 PIGTAIL FROM THE rv to the toad. A fifteen amp inline fuse under the hood. I haven't really had a true multi day trip, but it has kept the battery in the toad charged sufficiently

Latest resources

Back