RV Model
Greyhawk MV
RV Length
32’ 6”
TOW/TOAD
21 Trailblazer RS
Fulltimer
Yes
Howdy guys, I will be getting on the road within the next month and one thing that has been running around my brain is will my class C throw rocks and other road debris onto my Toad? I have a 2020 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV and will be towing a 2021 Trailblazer RS. Will the car get paint chips and screwed up windscreen without some kind of protection? Any help on this subject will be appreciated. Thanks for your time and happy trails!

Not sure if Jaycos come with the advertising billboard rockguard/mudflaps that hang underneath behind your rear tires or not, but many coach owners say these things throw rocks at their tow vehicles and as a result, remove them.
Personally, I’ve not encountered this in over 20,000 miles of towing (10k pulling a Jeep Cherokee, 10k pulling an F150) and never had a single rock chip but I also tend to stay on main roads and interstates and go pretty slow on the occasional gravel or dirt road leading into a harvest host.

There’s probably no way to know for sure if your setup will get hit with rocks or not until it is too late so if you are worried about it and want to avoid it, then there are all kinds of rockguard solutions out there. I personally think they all probably work just fine but I’ve not yet seen a reason to purchase one for myself.

Howdy, thanks so much for your input. I have read a lot of articles about people removing the guards. I was thinking maybe one of those sweeper looking things

I would probably get a Roadmaster stowaway or defender (Roadmaster Inc. - Tow Bars, Braking Systems & RV Accessories) before I considered one of those. The sweeper could very well have the adverse effect of actually throwing small rocks at high speeds or when hitting potholes, which are often filled with gravel

If you're getting rock chips on your toad, stop drifting on gravel roads.
I get more damage in parking lots from morons.

Howdy guys, I will be getting on the road within the next month and one thing that has been running around my brain is will my class C throw rocks and other road debris onto my Toad? I have a 2020 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV and will be towing a 2021 Trailblazer RS. Will the car get paint chips and screwed up windscreen without some kind of protection? Any help on this subject will be appreciated. Thanks for your time and happy trails!
Well, after being on the road for 7 months and towing the Trailblazer for over 6k miles. 0 problems with the RV throwing stuff at the toad. As a matter of fact I've researched this matter a little more and it seems that people who put flaps and sweeps on their rigs tend to have problems with these things throwing stuff at their toads. Who would of thunk it?

Latest resources

Back