Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I'm on my second set of tires on my 2017 Chevrolet Colorado and I got the same tires as were originally on which are Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar blah blah blah. The first set was fine as is the second but I think had I realized it was Goodyear I wouldn't have put these on. When I got the new tires I noticed how quiet it was, what a difference from the "worn" tires which I'm guessing had 50K miles on them, don't remember. Now I'm at the point with the second set of tires, maybe two years old, and they are noisy. So I think I'm done with Goodyear for tires, they don't seem to wear well or sound good with wear. I'm guessing 20-30K miles on them.

I believe the tires are P255/65R17's and I'm likely going with Michelin next time around. But before that time comes, what are you all running on your mid size pickups for TOAD's and what is your experience?

Not a pickup but with you on the noise. Our 5 year old Yokohama tires were still good tread wise but extremely noisy lately on the highway. Had about 48k on them between driving and towing.

Went with Michelin and very happy with them. Nice and quiet in the highway now.

I had the wheel noise and went with the Michelins. Quiet superb tire.

always had good luck with BF Goodrich all terrain tires, quiet, last 60K-70K miles. use them on cars and trucks over the years.

JMHO

I put Falkens on my 14 year old Honda Fit. Have had many different brands but these drive the best. Tire guy in Alaska where I got them said it is one of a handful of tires that hold up to the road conditions up there. Rated for 75K.

New tires will always be quieter and nicer driving than old no matter the brand. Some will go longer and that is reflective in the wear rating of the tire. If you don't know what UTQG is, look it up. I've always found TireRack to be a great place for research. Pricing just average, but I'm well connected locally in the car scene so my view is probably skewed.

We installed Michelin Cross Climate 2 XL 105 V on the Ford Flex. Quiet, smooth and excellent in the wet. Surprisingly smooth for a 225/45/R20 size tire.

1693016270843.png

Ford Expedition. Michelin LTX. They usually age out. Last set had 5-7/32 tread @ around 60k. As for noise, I don’t know.I always have tune going at a good volume. Not sure what the tires sound like. Life is too short not to enjoy the music on each ride.🎵🎶😎

It looks like my next set will be Michelin LTX Defenders for the Colorado. As they are $250/tire online, it seems, they'll come when the current set are needing replacement. But I'm done with Goodyear's.

Latest resources

Back