Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
Planning our trip to Florida in December and wondering if we should sign up for a national toll pass versus having to deal with stopping and dealing with cash payments etc? Thoughts or suggestions?

I don't know about the Illinois system. You can purchase the Florida EPASS which is accepted in 18 states E-PASS Purchase-Register-Reload
National Pass is one supposedly universal in the US - no experience with it though. NATIONALPASS
I think there is a separate toll system in Tx Toll Operations

Last edited:
E-Pass is very convenient. We have used it for years, no monthly fee, just pay tolls when used. Also a slight discount on tolls. If you travel toll roads that accept EZ Pass, it is extremely useful. E-PASS Purchase-Register-Reload

Looks like there is one for RV's but it seems like they are slight variants in each.

Planning our trip to Florida in December and wondering if we should sign up for a national toll pass versus having to deal with stopping and dealing with cash payments etc? Thoughts or suggestions?
I just caught the new coach, congratulations. Did I miss the announcement ?

I am waiting for marathon to finish programming all of @Neal GPS routes to include. ;) I have not taken delivery yet so once I have more pictures I will put out an announcement and some pictures. Hopefully soon.

E-Pass from here in Florida works quite well. It has a discount feature for electronic use; plus we have a separate transponder for each vehicle(yes the RV has its own). And it features an automatic "reload" , which allows the designated dollar amount to be replenished to a designated dollar amount.
I believe it is accepted anywhere East of the Mississippi River.
Apply on line.

We live in FL but rarely have the need for toll roads and/or bridges. We have always gone with SunPass. It has a good online site and of course you get the cheapest rates on the Florida systems when you do use it down there. We kept the I-Pass just for Illinois since we frequent the toll roads around the city every summer to visit family.

We thought about dumping both and trying to get just one that might do both, however usually the rate charged is higher when one State is accepting another State's tollway pass.

We live in FL but rarely have the need for toll roads and/or bridges. We have always gone with SunPass. It has a good online site and of course you get the cheapest rates on the Florida systems when you do use it down there. We kept the I-Pass just for Illinois since we frequent the toll roads around the city every summer to visit family.

We thought about dumping both and trying to get just one that might do both, however usually the rate charged is higher when one State is accepting another State's tollway pass.
And don't they charge a monthly rate? The E-PASS is compatible with the SUN PASS. No monthly fee, you add money to your acct and it suits there until needed.
Usually I'm on interstates that don't have tolls but I do like to sneak up the west side of the mountains on my way to the heartland and take 65/31 and there is a toll for the bridge crossing the river between KY and IN. I bought the sensor for that toll - haven't taken another toll road yet but carry it. I think in FL the FL Expressway is one I've seen but haven't been on it long enough to be charged a toll.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back